How do I fully customize my Shopify website?

5 0 0

Hey!

I finally decided to use shopify but as i've been trying to build my site, the customization hasn't been what I thought. Originally I was using a drag and drop builder so I could basically have whatever I wanted on my website. A website that I was using as inspiration was puravidabracelets.com . They are a shopify website but how did they get their site to look like that? Do I need to hire someone for that or is there an app? Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1843 170 534

Hi,

You have a range of options depending on your own skills with Liquid, HTML, CSS or budget for themes, apps or even bespoke design services.

If you're comfortable with web development you will find plenty resources about theme customisation published by Shopify. If that isn't quite your cup of tea, no worries there are options.

You can always start from a quality theme, whether a free one from Shopify, or a paid one from Shopify theme designers - though I do recommend picking from the Shopify theme store as the quality is generally better than what you shall find elsewhere on the internet regarding Shopify themes. A theme is a great starting point and the wiser you choose from the beginning by evaluating a number of themes and getting to know them and their features / limitations, you will probably get there 3/4 of the way.

The remaining 1/4 would probably require apps or custom development depending on your requirements. Some apps add features such as comments / reviews, bundles and much more while others may give you more flexibility how you present content such as page builder apps. Personally, I'd keep app usage to a bare minimum only of what you really need for your business - that keeps costs down and keeps your store clean and performant. Some theme style changes to suite your brand would always end up being custom adjustments in code that you can achieve yourself, ask for help here on the forums if the request isn't too complicated, or hire Shopify Experts to get the job done.

Last but not least, if your budget permits you to do so, you can have the entire storefront theme designed specifically for your brand. This does have several benefits but comes at considerable cost for many starting businesses.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask if you need more information or pointers to explore any of these options in more detail.

Best wishes!

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
1 Like
5 0 0

Thank you so much for your reply! I think I'm going to try the coding and HTML way first! Thank you so much! 

0 Likes