Solved

How do I get rid of Default title field?

OCMike
Excursionist
29 0 42

Hopefully someone can help me out here. I have a lot of products that show a blank default title field on our site. It doesn't show up on all products, so I don't know what piece of code I need to change. I'm adding a screenshot of one of our product pages. Thanks in advance for any help. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 9.39.02 AM.png

Accepted Solution (1)
JonWright
Shopify Partner
818 123 362

This is an accepted solution.

OK. I had the same problem ages ago and went down the CSV route. I can't remember exactly which field it is that you need to edit, I think it was called "Option 1 Value" . But I remember it being fairly obvious to work out (by comparing products that were right with products that were wrong). If you're struggling then DM me a link to your Google sheet and that will help me remember how I did it.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

Owner of Neuralcandy Shopify Agency

View solution in original post

Replies 17 (17)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36845 3636 11978

Please share your site url,
So that i can check and provide you exact solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
OCMike
Excursionist
29 0 42
JonWright
Shopify Partner
818 123 362

It will be because you have it set up as a variant when it doesn't have any variants. Does that make sense or do you need more info?

OCMike
Excursionist
29 0 42

Ok. How do I disable that? I don't have the variant box checked on any of them. 

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36845 3636 11978

1. Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code
2. Asset->/styles.scss.liquid->paste bellow code in bottom of file

.product-details h2.hide {
display: block;
}

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com
Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization 
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
OCMike
Excursionist
29 0 42

That did not fix the issue 😞 

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36845 3636 11978

what do you want exactly? can you please share details or screenshot do you have like. 

OCMike
Excursionist
29 0 42

I need that field just below the price to be deleted. The one that says title, and Default

OCMike
Excursionist
29 0 42

Here's what it should look like: Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 10.27.11 AM.png

JonWright
Shopify Partner
818 123 362

@OCMike Hiding it via CSS, will only work if you don't have variants on any of your products?

Your best bet, if some products do have variants is probably to do an export of all you products into CSV. Open it in Google Sheets (not Excel). Hopefully seeing it that way you will be able to see what to delete. Then when done upload the file back to Shopify.

JonWright
Shopify Partner
818 123 362

If your happy to just hide it because none of your products have variants then add this at the bottom of your theme.sccs.liquid file:

.product-variants {
display: none;
}

But like I say, cleaning up your data via the CSV route is a better/more future proof option.

OCMike
Excursionist
29 0 42

@JonWright Thanks. I'll look at going that route, since I have 1 product that has variants. 

JonWright
Shopify Partner
818 123 362

This is an accepted solution.

OK. I had the same problem ages ago and went down the CSV route. I can't remember exactly which field it is that you need to edit, I think it was called "Option 1 Value" . But I remember it being fairly obvious to work out (by comparing products that were right with products that were wrong). If you're struggling then DM me a link to your Google sheet and that will help me remember how I did it.

OCMike
Excursionist
29 0 42

@JonWright I got it figured out. Thanks! The bulk edit in Google sheets is a bit tougher, as it is not carrying over my inventory from multiple locations. I discovered that if I go into each product and check the variant box, save, then uncheck it, that deletes the field. 

JonWright
Shopify Partner
818 123 362
Great. Glad you managed to fix it.

Ettore10
Tourist
3 0 2

I have the same problem and is not going away 

Helpshop
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi Jon, I exported the products and see the fields:

Option1 Name

Option1 Value

I read they are mandatory fields and if I have a product without variants I should set the fields to

Option1 Name

Option1 Value

Title

Default Title

When I do that the 'Title' dropdown with 'Default Title' is displaying on my phone. When I adjust the text the from Title and Default Title it updates. Are there any ways to disable this field or set it to not populate?

Thanks!