How do I get rid of blank space above and below in header - Motion theme

Tourist
6 0 1

I have followed the instructions that others have posted for other themes, but I am unable to find where the padding and/or margin settings are in the code for my theme - Motion.

Can anyone offer assistance with this??

Thank you,

Dustin

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
3661 816 1004

@dwassner 

Please share your website URL and password if any. I will check and provide a solution here.

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Do you need custom changes on store ? Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com | Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Do you want drag-and-drop Advanced Shopify Page Builder to customize your pages? check here PageFly App
This will help you grow conversion rate and sales for your e-Commerce business.
0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello,

www.miniatureconstruction.com

The revisions I am looking to make are desired across the whole website, especially product pages.

Thank you,

Dustin

Shopify Partner
3661 816 1004

@dwassner 

Please add the following code at the bottom of your assets/theme.scss.liquid file.

@media only screen and (min-width: 590px){
.site-header { padding: 0px !important; }
}

This will remove the gap in the header. Let me know if this works.

Thanks!

Do you need custom changes on store ? Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com | Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Do you want drag-and-drop Advanced Shopify Page Builder to customize your pages? check here PageFly App
0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello,

I tried adding this to Lyaout>theme.liquid at the bottom. I tried it before</html>, after </html>, and before and after </body> and none of these made any changes on either desktop or mobile.

Can you offer any other suggestions?

thank you,

Dustin

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
3661 816 1004

@dwassner 

Not in layout/theme.liquid . Add the code in assets/theme.sss.liquid file.

assets-css.jpg

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Thank you. This did produce the results I am after, but it is only working on desktop - on mobile it doesn't appear to have changed at all. Is there something else I need to do to also make the change reflect on mobile as well??

Thank you,

Dustin

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
3661 816 1004

@dwassner 

Please add the following code for the mobile.

@media only screen and (max-width: 590px){
.site-header { padding: 0px !important; }
}

Thanks! 

0 Likes