How do I hide prices and disable cart from the Testament theme?

4 0 0

Hi everyone! 

I need to temporarily hide the product prices and disable the shopping cart option on my store.

I've already done exactly as instructed here:

https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/products/hide-product-prices-or-disable-cart ; but it doesn’t seem to be working for the Testament theme.

Would you have any idea of how to make the prices and cart option temporarily disappear?

Thanks a lot!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
555 4 87

Hi Pauline!

Liam here from Shopify - thank you for your question :)

Great to see you are looking to temporarily remove the ecommerce element of your store so let's see how that can be set up. I have gone ahead and created a duplicate of your Testament theme and I have manually hidden the code for generating prices and Add to Cart buttons on this theme. You can find this theme, unpublished in your Online Store > Themes section, called Copy of Testament (Hidden Prices). To hide your prices/ Add to Cart button you would just need to publish this theme. Then when you want the prices to be visible again you can publish the original Testament theme and the prices and buttons will return.

Hope this helps Pauline, if you have any other questions, just let me know!

Cheers,
Liam

Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi Liam,

That's exactly what I needed. I couldn't have asked for any better.

Thanks a million for your help!

Cheers,

Pauline

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
555 4 87

No worries Pauline!

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Liam Griffin | Customer Success Guru

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi Liam,

Would you know how to hide the product prices in the 'More in this collection' section as well? This section is visible at the bottom of all product pages.

Thanks for your help.

Pauline

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi there!

Still regarding the price display on the website, I'd be really grateful to get some help on 2 issues I'm having:

* How do I also hide the prices from the 'More in this collection' section (visible at the bottom of the product pages)? So far the prices are still visible in this section, as well as the 'add to cart' button when clicking on 'Quick view'.

* When I need my prices to return in the future, I'd prefer not to have to switch back to the original Testament theme since I have brought many changes and improvements already on this new 'hidden price' theme that you've made. Is there a relatively easy way to change the price display and 'add to cart' button from the code?

Thanks a lot!

P

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
555 4 87

Hi again Pauline.

Thank you for getting back in touch. Liam here again. 

I have sent you a direct email outlining how you can solve the two issues you have described. Please reach out to me directly if you need any advice implementing the solutions I have suggested :)

Liam Griffin | Customer Success Guru

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi there,

I'm having the same issue. I want to hide prices and disable cart from the Testament theme as well.

How would I go about this?

Cheers!

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 0

Yes, how do we do this? My adding to cart feature on the collection page is broken and I need to remove it asap. Please help!

0 Likes