How do I move content from one theme to another?

farahhani92
Visitor
1 0 1

I created a website using Debut - but would like to try Brooklyn? is there a way to move all of the content seamlessly to Brooklyn without redoing everything like my blog posts?

Thanks!

Replies 4 (4)

Brie
Shopify Staff
571 48 113

Hi, @farahhani92

Most of your content will be automatically reflected in your new theme, depending on what it is and where you've made the change. For example, theme specific changes made in your theme editor (such as colour choices), will not translate over. However, any of your settings made in your main admin (such as blog content or menu items) will transfer to your new theme. Hope that helps, and let me know if you have any other questions about it! Cheers.

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

onhere4problem
Visitor
2 0 0

Yes, but how can we transfer over the design details i.e. colors etc?

RazaAli
Tourist
14 0 2

Hi, @farahhani92 hope you're doing well. Amazingly Shopify allows you to change the theme, and all of the things you've added with your previous theme will automatically transfer to the new theme after you publish it (also you can preview it before publishing). But be careful, don't remove the previous theme before publishing a new one. After Successfully publishing a new theme with all of your content, then all you need to do is just change relevant things as per your needs like color, pages, menu, header, and footer.

And if you've any trouble even after doing all these then just do let me know via email at raza.ali.ra6920@gmail.com 

Have a great journey! Stay Happy! 

Accept the solution if it's helpful for you to resolve your issue, and hit the like button. 

sizzlecommerce
Shopify Partner
18 2 1

Switching from Debut to Brooklyn in Shopify is straightforward for certain content like blog posts, products, pages, which are managed independently of your theme. However, theme-specific customizations done in templates and settings don't automatically transfer.

If you were moving from Debut to another Debut theme, or from Brooklyn to another Brooklyn theme, an app like Theme Weaver would be perfect. It streamlines the process of transferring theme-specific elements, making it much easier to maintain consistency in your store's look and feel without redoing everything manually.

For your current situation moving from Debut to Brooklyn, you'll need to manually adjust theme-specific settings and customizations. This includes reapplying any unique layout changes, color schemes, or custom CSS you've implemented. While products, pages, and blog posts will automatically appear in the new theme, the visual and functional elements unique to Debut will need to be recreated in Brooklyn.

Cheers,
JP
Sizzle Apps