Solved

How do I remove this message Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/snippet-breadcrumbs.liquid

carolbrigagao
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, 

This message "Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/snippet-breadcrumbs.liquid" in my website's contact page. I have been editing the codes for that page, and everything is working completely fine. The only problem is that that error is showing up on top of the page. How do I take that off? 

Please help. 

Thanks

Accepted Solution (1)

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

This is an accepted solution.

It's referring to an "include" that must be on your page.liquid in your templates folder, the problem is that the snippet doesn't exist. Did you happen to delete one? 

Anyway if you don't have breadcrumbs and that's not an issue then you can go into page.liquid and find:

{% include 'snippet-breadcrumbs' %}

And either delete it or comment it out:

{% comment %}
{% endcomment %}
If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄

View solution in original post

Replies 28 (28)

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

This is an accepted solution.

It's referring to an "include" that must be on your page.liquid in your templates folder, the problem is that the snippet doesn't exist. Did you happen to delete one? 

Anyway if you don't have breadcrumbs and that's not an issue then you can go into page.liquid and find:

And either delete it or comment it out:

{% comment %}
{% endcomment %}
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄
carolbrigagao
Visitor
2 0 0

Great! It worked! Thank you

unkyluke
Tourist
3 0 0

Hey Ninthony, I found this thread looking for solving a similar issue. Your suggestion seemed promising, but my page.liquid doesn't have these 

{% include 'XXX' %}

Could these be somewhere else as well? Theme is Debut, if it makes a difference.

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

page.liquid is a template file that applies to all "pages" of your site. By pages I mean pages that are created when you go to Online Store > Pages > Add Page. If it's happening on your homepage, that's index.liquid template file. If it's happening on a collection page, it's collection.liquid. Product page, product.liquid, etc etc. Lots of the time when you open any of those files you'll just see something like:

{% section 'collection-template' %}

//or

{% section 'product-template' %}

//or

{% section 'page-template' %}

Those are referring to files in your sections folder, collection-template.liquid, product-template.liquid, etc. So if it's happening specifically on any of those pages, then check those section files for the include. 

If it's happening on ALL pages, it's likely in theme.liquid. What's the specific error message you're getting, and on what portions of your site?

unkyluke
Tourist
3 0 0

Thank you, your answer clarified a lot.  It was a "cannot find snippet" error message in the homepage, but as we have ongoing campaigns I've re-added the Snippets to make sure no error was displayed. This will be multiple cases as I'm going thru cleaning up dead code from uninstalled apps. 

I've went a bit further and setup a local environment with ThemeKit so that I can use Atom editor search features to find these Section snippets more readily.

daniel981
Visitor
2 0 2

Hi I had two review apps and tried to remove one  but the star icons were still showing so I went to edit the code to try to remove it. But everything got messed up, its showing error messages everywhere.

On the home page the collection section the error code is: Liquid error (product-grid-item line 116): could not find assets snippets/review-badge.liquid

On the product page: Liquid error (product-template line 116): could not find assets snippets/review-badge.liquid

footer: Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/review-widget.liquid

I planned to launch the store today for black friday but i cant with the errors.

site address: thebargaingeneral.com

any help would be appreciated

ColinLee
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm trying to figure out two issues- I'm having. 

I tried to get rid of the compare and wishlist as our customers don't use this, now it shows the below error message next to each "add to cart" box on our products

Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/wishlist-item.liquid

How can I remove that? 

Next- On the top menu link- I now have the below message showing up on my main home page, which is not clickable, how can I get rid of that? 

TTSMA
Tourist
6 0 3

Hello! I have a similar problem, but my error reads? Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/storepickup.liquid

I know zero about code, but when I canceled a third-party app today, it said I had to delete a snippet (not this one).  I was reluctant, but I did it anyway. I wish I had made a copy first. :(. Although, I could swear it was working after I deleted the file they instructed. Do you happen to have any suggestions for me? If so, help would be greatly appreciated. Store pickup is a huge part of my business.

Thank you!

HeatherB1
Visitor
2 0 0

Can you help me remove this? Liquid error (sections/product-template.liquid line 192): Could not find asset snippets/paywhirl-plan-selector.liquid

HeatherB1
Visitor
2 0 0

This is what I did but its still there? {% comment %}{% render 'paywhirl-main' %}{% endcomment %}

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

You'll be looking for a different render, it should match the error:

{% comment %}
{% render 'paywhirl-plan-selector' %}
{% endcomment %}

Where that is? I have no idea.

ealmuaini
4 0 0

Hello, 

I'm getting this ((Liquid error (sections/collection-template.liquid line 85): Could not find asset snippets/spurit_dmr)) on all pages on my website. How can I remove it ? 

Thanks

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

Go to line 85 in collection-template.liquid in your sections folder and comment the include out. The same as I typed above.

ealmuaini
4 0 0

I tried that it didnt work.. still appearing 

ealmuaini
4 0 0

when I add what you wrote this appears 

I get this massage 

Liquid error (sections/collection-template.liquid line 89): Could not find asset snippets/spurit_dmr_collection_template_snippet.liquid

LBAU
Visitor
1 0 0

HAD THE SAME ISSUE. 

THIS ONE HELPS. THANKS SO MUCH IVE FIXED MINE ALREADY

ealmuaini
4 0 0
I'm getting this on every page. Can you help please

Liquid error (sections/collection-template.liquid line 85): Could not find asset snippets/spurit_dmr_collection_template_snippet.liquid.

4KINGDOM
Tourist
4 0 1

I was trying to add pre-order option and somehow screwed up my whole site

now my products are missing with liquid error display on every page/tab

I had a consultation with Shopify expert but they didn't call me-said the appt didn't show up in their calendar and because it was after hours i needed to pay $100/hr

i research Shopify help and find your solution however it didn't work for me...can u pls assist? 

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

I can take a look for you, shoot me a DM with your store url and I'll request access and try to figure out whats up.

4KINGDOM
Tourist
4 0 1

kingdom-lifestyle-apparel.myshopfify.com

but i had to rebuild..i'm in process of adding a pre-order template. 

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

I don't understand, do you still need help or have you resolved the issue?

4KINGDOM
Tourist
4 0 1

i still need help...trying to add pre-order button

LittleMissy
Excursionist
16 0 4

Hi Guys

Sooooo after uninstalling both AVADA and SmartSEO it seems they have left a LOAD of code behind which I have been trying to remove myself.

I have deleted everything including the smartseo snippets but now I get the attached error.  My page does load after seeing this error however the error is a right pain!

I cannot find anything relating to snippets in my theme.liquid so I am really struggling here!!!

Also for some reason my color variations no longer work and I cannot for the life of me figure out why 😞

Can anybody advise?

ThanksSmartSEO.liquid.png

LittleMissy
Excursionist
16 0 4

Further to my previous comment I have had to reinstall Smart SEO in order to fix the issue - I don't want this app however when I uninstall it it leaves a load of code and snippets behind the same as with AVADA SEO Image Optimizer!

sweetminds
Visitor
1 0 0

How do i send you a direct message as its not clear? I am having a similar issue with my coding it be amazing if you could kindly help me out on this. Thanks

ethelk2044
Visitor
1 0 0

I am receiving the following error message

Liquid error (sections/product-template.liquid line 257): Could not find asset snippets/Disclaimer.liquid

This is the code I am using.   I do not see anything wrong.   Please advise how to resolve

ethelk2044_0-1638406342915.png

{{ product.description }}
</div>
<div id="tab-2">
{% render 'Disclaimer' %}
</div>
<div id="tab-3">
{{ pages.returns.content }}
</div>
</div>

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

@ethelk2044 {% render 'Disclaimer' %} is the code that tries to use a snippet called Disclaimer.liquid.

Check if you have a snippet that is lowercase "disclaimer.liquid" is so correct that type in the render code.

If the snippet does not exist remove that render line or comment it out with comment tags:

{%-comment -%}{% render 'Disclaimer' %}{%-endcomment -%}

If you have a page called disclaimer use the following like the theme is doing for returns

{{ pages.disclaimer.content }} or {{ pages.disclaimers.content }} with an s.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Armanmalik
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi  Ninthony,

I have a question. I need to copy one theme section and implement into other theme section I think that it is possible but in my home page there is some error like this  

Liquid error (sections/header line 1388): Could not find assets snippets I do not know how to solve this . or I do not fined any 

in Page.liquid or Theme.liquid in Dwan theme 11.0.0 so, Can you please help me to solve this problem