How do I remove this message Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/snippet-breadcrumbs.liquid

Solved
carolbrigagao
2 0 0

Hello, 

This message "Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/snippet-breadcrumbs.liquid" in my website's contact page. I have been editing the codes for that page, and everything is working completely fine. The only problem is that that error is showing up on top of the page. How do I take that off? 

Please help. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
1792 258 704

This is an accepted solution.

It's referring to an "include" that must be on your page.liquid in your templates folder, the problem is that the snippet doesn't exist. Did you happen to delete one? 

Anyway if you don't have breadcrumbs and that's not an issue then you can go into page.liquid and find:

{% include 'snippet-breadcrumbs' %}

And either delete it or comment it out:

{% comment %}
{% include 'snippet-breadcrumbs' %}
{% endcomment %}
If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
carolbrigagao
2 0 0

Great! It worked! Thank you

0 Likes
unkyluke
Tourist
3 0 0

Hey Ninthony, I found this thread looking for solving a similar issue. Your suggestion seemed promising, but my page.liquid doesn't have these 

{% include 'XXX' %}

Could these be somewhere else as well? Theme is Debut, if it makes a difference.

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
1792 258 704

page.liquid is a template file that applies to all "pages" of your site. By pages I mean pages that are created when you go to Online Store > Pages > Add Page. If it's happening on your homepage, that's index.liquid template file. If it's happening on a collection page, it's collection.liquid. Product page, product.liquid, etc etc. Lots of the time when you open any of those files you'll just see something like:

{% section 'collection-template' %}

//or

{% section 'product-template' %}

//or

{% section 'page-template' %}

Those are referring to files in your sections folder, collection-template.liquid, product-template.liquid, etc. So if it's happening specifically on any of those pages, then check those section files for the include. 

If it's happening on ALL pages, it's likely in theme.liquid. What's the specific error message you're getting, and on what portions of your site?

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
unkyluke
Tourist
3 0 0

Thank you, your answer clarified a lot.  It was a "cannot find snippet" error message in the homepage, but as we have ongoing campaigns I've re-added the Snippets to make sure no error was displayed. This will be multiple cases as I'm going thru cleaning up dead code from uninstalled apps. 

I've went a bit further and setup a local environment with ThemeKit so that I can use Atom editor search features to find these Section snippets more readily.

0 Likes
daniel981
2 0 2

Hi I had two review apps and tried to remove one  but the star icons were still showing so I went to edit the code to try to remove it. But everything got messed up, its showing error messages everywhere.

On the home page the collection section the error code is: Liquid error (product-grid-item line 116): could not find assets snippets/review-badge.liquid

On the product page: Liquid error (product-template line 116): could not find assets snippets/review-badge.liquid

footer: Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/review-widget.liquid

I planned to launch the store today for black friday but i cant with the errors.

site address: thebargaingeneral.com

any help would be appreciated

0 Likes
TTSMA
Tourist
6 0 3

Hello! I have a similar problem, but my error reads? Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/storepickup.liquid

I know zero about code, but when I canceled a third-party app today, it said I had to delete a snippet (not this one).  I was reluctant, but I did it anyway. I wish I had made a copy first. :(. Although, I could swear it was working after I deleted the file they instructed. Do you happen to have any suggestions for me? If so, help would be greatly appreciated. Store pickup is a huge part of my business.

Thank you!

0 Likes
HeatherB1
2 0 0

Can you help me remove this? Liquid error (sections/product-template.liquid line 192): Could not find asset snippets/paywhirl-plan-selector.liquid

0 Likes
HeatherB1
2 0 0

This is what I did but its still there? {% comment %}{% render 'paywhirl-main' %}{% endcomment %}

0 Likes