How do I set my variant into a dropdown list and text box allowing user to key in

Solved
Hackson
2 0 0

Hi,

How do I create something like this in here using Shopify?

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 10.56.48 AM.png

Thanks and Regards,

Hackson Lim

0 Likes
Hilary
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
95 26 13

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Hackson!

Welcome to the Shopify Community! Hilary here, I work at Shopify. Happy to explain some options for you based off the example you provided. Can you please share an example of a product you are selling, and the options you are looking to have? This will be helpful in making some further recommendations. 

First of all, have you looked at the options that are possible through the use of product variants? Variants are used when a product has more than one option, such as size or color. Depending on the theme you are using for your store, the variants may be displayed differently. Which theme are you using in your store? I recommend reading through our help article on variants to see if that will be enough customization for you. If you need more help on adding variants, please let me know!

Another built in option that can help is enabling order notes on your cart page. This is available on most free Shopify themes. It allows your customer to enter notes on the cart page, not on the product page. This is used to collect special instructions from customers about how to prepare and deliver an order. 

If variants and order notes do not provide the right customization options for your products and variants, then you will require the use of an app from our Shopify App Store. There are many apps that increase product customization options, so I am happy to recommend some here: 

Let me know how running through these options goes! Are you just getting started on Shopify? How is your setup going otherwise? 

Hilary | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Hackson
2 0 0

Hi. Thanks for the prompt respond.

I am selling Prints.

Allowing customer to upload custom design and text for printing.

I have different size, material and pricing varies base on the above.

0 Likes
Hilary
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
95 26 13

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for sharing a little bit about your business. Print-on-demand is one of the fastest growing business models for ecommerce entrepreneurs. This space is an exciting place to be in.

All of the apps I suggested are great options for this type of business. However, as your customers are uploading custom images for printing, I will also share recommendations that are built for this purpose. These apps allow customers to upload image files, and add text to personalize their orders. Here are a couple options: 

I'll also share a some resources with great information on the print-on-demand business model. I recommend reading through the five considerations for starting a t-shirt business on our blog - here is a link. This article discusses printing techniques, creating your brand, and product quality. These are important factors for your business. For a foundational overview of print-on-demand, we have a free online course on Shopify Compass that is called Build a Print-on-Demand Empire. This course walks through the step-by-step process to create your print-on-demand store from start to scale. Although it discusses creating your own designs to sell, the core principals of this course are still highly beneficial. 

Let me know which app you decide on!

Hilary | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes