How do I stop customers adding quantity to cart more than there is available in my inventory?

manifestshop
3 0 0

Hoping someone can help.  I'm using the Brooklyn theme and I have already setup each variant of my products with these settings:

1) TRACK QUANTITY - checked mark

2) CONTINUE SELLING WHEN OUT OF STOCK - UNchecked 

Here's an example of my issue. If I only have 1 x Black Small sweatshirt available, users are able to add more than 1 qty to their cart (ie. 2 or more).  I cannot allow this because I physically don't have more than 1 black small sweatshirt left in my inventory.

Pls help.  Thx

0 Likes
Sara_Julie
Explorer
114 4 12

hello @manifestshop we can simply disabled the quantity box for all the products

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
I will fix any issue on your store in just $10 : Click Here
0 Likes
manifestshop
3 0 0

@Sara_Julie Disable the qty box?  How do I do that?

0 Likes
Sara_Julie
Explorer
114 4 12

For this we have to do custom coding. can you please share me your website link

0 Likes
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
1235 162 219

Hi @manifestshop

You want customers to not be able to choose qty beyond the available quantity. In the example it is not possible to click or select greater than 1.

You will need to make a lot of changes, including Liquid and JS, it will require you a lot of experience. 

Or you can reset it in the product, so that when customers choose more, add to cart will give an error: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/inventory/track_inventory#set-up-inventory-tracking

Hope it helps!

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Contact us for further assistance.
Try our FREE DEMO now!
0 Likes
manifestshop
3 0 0

https://www.manifestcollective.shop

Just to confirm, I don't want me people to add more qty of an item that exceeds my available qty.  "Track inventory" is ON for all products and variants.  The issue only occurs for items that currently have available qty on the website. If I don't have quantity, it is correctly showing that the variant is not available.

Hoping you can help.  Thank you!

0 Likes
Sara_Julie
Explorer
114 4 12

Disabling the quantity box will be much easier for you

0 Likes