How do I turn off header toggle on Narrative theme?

Highlighted
5 0 0

How do I make the header fixed? I want to turn off the toggle effect on the header when I scroll up a page. 

Using Narrative theme.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 31 86

Hi, Valerie! 

Our design team can help you with this customization. I've gone ahead and sent an email to the one listed in your profile. Could you please reply to that email? I can then send up your request to our team!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 3

I have the same issue. Is there a public solution? (Same theme, narrative) Cheers! :)

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 31 86

Hi, @realJordanCS.

Tira here, from Shopify Support.

I would be happy to help you out with this customization with our design team, as well. I've sent an email to the email address located on your Shopify Community profile. 

If you could take a look at the email and send me a reply, I can send this up to our design team to look into further for you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 3

Hey Tira :)

I really appreciate the help so far but here's the thing, I don't want to use up any of my design time, and also, if other people find this thread (like I did) and are looking for the answer, we should have it public for them. There's no point in myself and the other person above me getting sorted, but not everyone else. Like, if the answer was public, then I'd have already fixed mine and we wouldn't be talking! :) I'm not trying to be rude by the way haha. I just do think it would be best to have it public. The solution should be really simple, there must be some logic in the theme.js file that just says 'hide header on scroll down' and 'show on scroll up'. It should be super simple (although not simple enough for me to work it out, obviously haha).

I hope you know what I mean :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 31 86

Thank you for your reply!

Is there a specific reason that you're looking to disable the sticky header? It's a great way to make it easier for your customers to checkout while they are scrolling down on the website. 

In our Design Policy, we do state that we're unable to provide assistance with what code to place into your theme to make a customization work. This is because coding may change as themes are updated, and may not always work with each version of a theme. 

I am curious to see what the community may suggest! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, can anyone help with turning off sticky header on Narrative theme? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hello, I would also like that email because I want to fix this same problem. The header makes the page glitch down when the header reappears and I would rather just have it stay so that this does not happen, Thanks.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 31 86

Hi, @TUTUTIS and @LeslieBowering.

Thank you for reaching out. I'm happy to forward your request to turn off your sticky header on the Narrative theme. To do this, I need to verify you on the account.

I have sent an email to both of your email addresses, listed in your Shopify Community profiles. Could you please check your inbox? 

Thank you, I look forward to hearing from you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

hey could you please remove it for me too?

0 Likes