How do I undo a coding issue?

Tjchris17
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello!

I was attempting to remove the copy right and name at the bottom of my store pages and accident deleted the wrong code. I am unsure how to get that snippet back. Any suggestions? It made all of the 'payment' types listed vertical instead of horizontal.

0 Likes
Tjchris17
Tourist
3 0 1

Couple of options:

- in the edit code -->   whatever   footer.liquid you changed  you can look towards the top left of the actual code page and see this:

footer.liquid Older versions             (select Older versions and it shows a drop down, you can select that vers...

Option 2:  make a backup of your theme --> Online Store --> Actions Drop down --> Duplicate  (then download and add the debut or whatever theme again)   once it is downloaded, select edit code on the theme you downloaded --> find the same file you just edited and copy all of the code from this file. next, go to your existing them  --> edit code and go back to the file you edited     footer.liquid or whatever you were editing and paste the original code you just copied.

James Byrne, Owner, Information Architect (USMC VET)
After Dark Grafx - Since 1992
"We Work After Dark, So You Don't Have To!"
https://www.afterdarkgrafx.com

Services: Website Design, Mobile App Development (iOS, Android, Windows), Ecommerce, Magento, Shopify, Miva, BigCommerce, Search Engine Optimization, Wordpress, Hosting, Graphic Design, Merchant Accounts, Consulting and all things web related!

Certified Partner/Developer/Affiliates: Shopify, Google Integrator, Wordpress, Zoho, AuthorizeNet, Geotrust and a Member of the San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce, Veteran Owned Businesses, Veteran's In Business Network.

I also build custom apps for Shopify!
0 Likes
KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
19008 1992 7021

@Tjchris17 

Sorry you are facing this issue, it would be my pleasure to help you.

Welcome to the Shopify community!
Thanks for your good question.

Please share your site URL,
I will check out the issue and provide you a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Tjchris17
Tourist
3 0 1

Did you get anything?

0 Likes

@Tjchris17,

Do you need any assistance??

Zeian Shahzad | Designer | Developer
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- Email: shopify.zeian@gmail.com
Cheers!!
0 Likes
Natztech
Shopify Partner
913 246 665

@Tjchris17  - in the edit code footer.liquid file  you changed  you can look the top left of the page and see this: older versions click on this see

screenshot-nimbus-capture-2021.04.25-10_52_51.png

Want to theme customize contact us E-mail : natztech2312@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept as Solution

PageFly Advanced Page Builder- My favorite drag and drop page builder - Visit the Shopify app store