How do i remove CAPTCHA from e-mail sign up form?

Kseniya_Pleskac
Tourist
4 0 1

Please help - how do i remove a verification step "I am not a bot" with Captcha?

I understand the whole bot thing, but no customer in their right mind will spend extra time on a website they see for the first time trying to pick boxes with color white on them.

HymnZ
Pathfinder
341 1 36

Are you talking about this page? I can't find any CAPTCHA box.

postimage
I make apps and can help you in setting up payment gateways..
0 Likes
Kseniya_Pleskac
Tourist
4 0 1

No, I meant the in-built Newsletter Subscribe form in the footer. It is currently connected to Mailchimp account, so it takes a redirect and e-mail confirmation to get subscribed.

Seems counter-intuitive and too complicated...

0 Likes
Keith_B
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
14 0 5

Hi Kseniya, 

Keith here, I’m a part of the Guru Team at Shopify! :)

A captcha is served by Shopify whenever more than 1 Customer Account creation attempt every 24 hours is made from the same IP. This includes the theme based newsletter sign-up form that you can link directly to your mailchimp account. We have this in place to help prevent with the creation of spam customer accounts and newsletter sign-ups.

If you have been testing out the email sign-up form from the same internet source (IP Address) then you will be given this CAPTCHA repeatedly after the first sign-up. New customers who subscribe to your newsletters will not be given this during the first registration, only on second registrations within a 24 hour period. 

I have reach out to you directly about the issue as well :)

Happy Selling!

0 Likes
David_Blat
1 0 0

Hi There,

I have an issue within the same topic, when the CAPTCHA confirmation is required on my website www.lordhenrywatches.com : it is hidden behind my header/main menu on desktop (it seems to be correctly displayed on mobile) ... I've attached a picture of the situation.

Someone emailed me because he was thinking his email adress wasn't correctly submitted because of this (oddly enough, even if he wasn't able to complete the CAPTCHA, the email address was correctly added...).

How can I fix this please ?

Thank you in advance for your help,

David.

0 Likes
Joel_Fraga
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

Hi

I'm getting an issue where the captcha displays, I click and the checkmark goes green, but when I submit the message says: Your answer wasn't correct, please try again.

There is no question or puzzle displayed. What is the issue here?

Thanks

Joe

rsebade
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue, anyone got a fix for this?

0 Likes
Mathias_Meyer
Tourist
45 0 1

Hi Joel, did you find a solution to your problem ?

0 Likes
Christine11
1 0 0

Is there a way to temporarily prevent the CAPTCHA for dev/testing? Also, even after checking the CAPTCHA box, the Newsletter thank you message does not display. How to get that to display? We are using the Mobilia theme. Thanks!

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10035 119 1871

Christine - I would suggest talking to Shopify Support. There's no options to disable this via the Admin but they may have other options. If you're a partner - talk to your Partner Manager.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes