How find where a liquid file is 'called from'

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
25 1 4

I'm updating a shop currently running on an old theme ( Radiance from 2012 - or before;) by a previous developer.

I've transferred all the theme to a test site.

There is one liquid file - named:  "collection.collection.alternateTestTemplate.liquid"

which is invoked  (because, if I change it, I can see the change having effect).

But I can't find what is calling the file ;(

I've installed the chrome app:  Shopify Theme Search by Bold and search for e.g. 'alternateTest', but it doesn't  find a reference.

The file seems to be based on 'collection.liquid' - and it seems that either 'collect.liquid' or 'collection.collection.alternateTest.liquid' is called depending on product type - I've only determined this by trial&error.

Anyone got any suggestions as to how I can find where it's called from.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1054 116 170

It could be a collection template that was manually setup for some of the collections in the Shopify Admin. This information is not saved as part of the theme.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
25 1 4

Thanks for you comment, but as I tried to say, it's actually part of the working shop, as I can detect by changing the file and seeing the result.

My original conclusion was that the two files were invoke by an If statement on  'product_type. But I suspect now that it's by 'Collection' (the two are synomous in this shop.

i.e.   On the front page there is a grid of all the collections.

When I click on some of the collections - I get the usual collection.products route - displaying a product_grid.

When I click on two of the collections - the process routes to the 'collection.collectionalternateTestTemplate - whic displays a different product grid.

But I still  haven't found where this code is.

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
25 1 4

After typing in the above ....  I suddenly realised, that if the process was determined by 'Collection' - it might be found in the settings of the collection(s).

...And that's where I've just found itcapture.jpg

0 Likes