How have I created double titles?

2 0 0

Hello everyone! 

I hope you can help. We haven't launched our store yet, and we are working on our Privacy Policy and Refund Policy. 

We have entered these into the pre-created text boxes under Settings > Legal. We have added this to the Footer Menu (via Sales Channels > Online Store > Navigation).

When we check these pages, we are seeing two titles/headings. Image attached.

refundpolicytitle.png

I thought it could be the name from the footer affecting this, but when we change 'Refund Policy' in the footer to something else, we still have two identical titles on the Refund Policy Page, as with the Privacy Policy. 

We are using the theme Pacific, if this is any help. Is it possible to have just one title on this page? 

Thank you for any help/suggestions! If anyone would like any more information, please don't hesitate to ask. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 14 33

Hey, @HSUK!

Sunny here and I would be happy to take a look into your double titles. This is definitely not normal behaviour so let's get down to the bottom of this!

I attempted to replicate this issue using my test store following your steps exactly, and even using the Pacific theme, but it seems to be working normally for me:

24-42-nhzja-7g9it

For testing purposes, can you try previewing your theme using another theme? This will help us narrow down if this title duplication is theme related or if we need to look elsewhere. You can check this by going to Online Store > Themes > More Themes > then click "Customize" beside any theme that is not published. It looks something like this:

24-47-l17nq-yd68c

After you've selected customize beside any non-published theme, head over to your footer section and click on one of your policy pages and let me know if you still see the double titles. If everything looks normal then that means the issue remains in your Pacific theme. Depending on what this replication test reveals, this will help guide us towards the next appropriate steps.

In the mean time, can you share a URL to your shop so that I can play around as well?

Cheers!

Sunny | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
50 1 4

I need your store url for reprodure the issue, then I will suggest solution to you.

Please Like and Accept Solution if you like my solution.
Email: inzaghi.2006@yahoo.com
0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 0

were you able to fix this? I have same issue. This issue is reflecting on privacy policy or other pages, but only on our story page

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hello! 

In the end we contacted support for our theme supplier and they were able to fix the issue for us.

0 Likes