How to Add A Block of Text to A Collection Page?

I'm looking to add a block of text to a collection page.  The eComm store has many collections and I was planning on adding text block to each collection one at a time.

Any suggestions on how to go about doing this.  If the section could do HTML so that I can do H1, H2, H3, and H4 level text that would be the perfect setup.

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
884 49 141

Hey, @TimDHodges

Tira here to help.

I recommend using the Description text box in your Collections page in the Shopify admin to add text/HTML to your Collections page. 

To add a description to your Collections page, you can follow these steps: 

• Login to your Shopify Admin
  • Click on Products > Collections
  • Click on the name of the Collection you would like to edit
  • In the Description box, enter your desired text. You may also adjust the headings of your text by clicking on the “A” button and choosing your desired text format from the dropdown menu. It will look like this: 
  • Once you're happy with your description, click on the "Save" button at the top or the bottom of the page to submit and save your changes. 

After you save your changes, you'll remain on the same page. Click on the "View" text at the top of the page to see how the description text looks. Depending on your theme, it may look different. Here's what it looks like on my test store using the Debut theme:

Check out more information on how you can use the Rich Text Editor here: Using the Rich Text Editor

Is this what you’re looking to do? Let me know! 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

If you edit the description and nothing changes on the page is that likely a theme problem? 

The page (I realize the web page I want to edit, not a collection) is not showing any of the text I typed in to the description.  I tried it with a collection and the description changed in the code, but no on page changes.  When I edited the SEO part of the collection it overrode the description near the top of the collection.

0 Likes