Solved

How to Add Lightbox without an App

Erica00
Excursionist
18 1 4

Hi everyone,

I want to add lightbox popups to my store, but I don't want to use an app for that. Too many apps are just causing my website to slow down, and I've already tried 4 different apps. 

I have no coding knowledge either, so is there a simple way to add a lightbox to the cart page and product pages? I want to cross-sell/upsell my products or promote a sales campaign.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Accepted Solution (1)

Matthew40
Visitor
2 2 2

This is an accepted solution.

What DigitalArtisans said. I recommend using Popupsmart. This way you won’t need an app. It’s a no-code and lightweight popup builder with modern popup designs. I use it on my site and it loads faster than with other popup apps.

Also, I found their articles that might help:

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

DigitalArtisans
Shopify Partner
378 58 88

Hello @Erica00 !

You can add lightbox without app by using a tool popup smart this will not affect your store speed.

Set up Popupsmart

Create your first popup campaign

Select a template and customize it

Set up your Shopify lightbox’s display options

Integrate with your email service provide

Once you successfully sign up to Popupsmart, go to your dashboard and click on the Your Embed Code button from the top right.

Copy the given embeded code and head on to your Shopify admin panel.

Go to Online Store and then select Themes. Click on the Actions button of your live theme

light1.jpg

Select Edit Code from the dropdown menu

light2.jpg

Type “Theme.liquid” in the search box and then click on the result

light3.jpg

Paste the Popupsmart code between your

light4.jpg

Save the changes before you close the code editor.

Now you are ready to create your popup

After that you can sign in to your PopSmart website create your first campaign select the lightbox template customize accordingly and setup your lightbox display option in Shopify

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Digital Artisans

Hatim Ayoub | Designer | Developer
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted

Matthew40
Visitor
2 2 2

This is an accepted solution.

What DigitalArtisans said. I recommend using Popupsmart. This way you won’t need an app. It’s a no-code and lightweight popup builder with modern popup designs. I use it on my site and it loads faster than with other popup apps.

Also, I found their articles that might help:

drunkenspyder
Visitor
1 0 0

Hmm. When I came upon this, I was very hopeful I had found a solution. But this seems to be mashing up Lightbox and PopUp Window concepts together. For me, when I hear "lightbox," I think of something that pops open to display more info, or a fuller image of  something. It's not a predefined template. But maybe I am in the minority. What I would love, and am sorely missing since coming over to Shopify from Squarespace, is something that would allow my visitors to clock on a blog post banner image [or a banner image on any page], and have a lightbox open up with the full image of the cropped/truncated banner image [that just about every Shopify theme offers on blog posts]. There are some exceptions, but generally the great thing about a defined banner image, is it lets your visitor see the image and the blog text that accompanies it. But if you want the viewer to see the entire image, you have to reproduce it elsewhere, such as below your blog post. Very inelegant. A popup lightbox with the compete image is an excellent solution, and I am genuinely surprised how impossible it has been for me to find one. In this context, it is not am upsell or CTA; it's the delivery of a full image. Anyone know of such a solution? I tried PopuSmart, and it really is cool, but it's really about pre-formatted popups, not delivery of a full-size image. I couldn't figure out a. way to make it work for my needs. Thanks!

UPDATE: I am currently exploring this resource: https://www.pipiads.com/blog/how-to-make-a-lightbox-on-shopify/