How to Add Thumbnails in Boundless theme?

2 0 0

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to add thumbnails under the featured image in the Boundless theme.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1841 170 481

Hi,

I am not sure how that would fit in to the theme concept which is entirely set toward large, prominent images that span the entire page. Of course, anything can be done, but you'd need a much clearer definition of how you imagine this to look - a mockup or wireframe for instance. Second, and more importantly, the change would be quite considerable and out of scope for a public forum answer - I suggest you contact a Shopify Expert if you really wish to go forward with this customisation.

Best wishes!

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
0 Likes
2 0 0

I have tried installing the App "Product Images - Image Gallery & Image Zoom with Variants" by Gravity Software Ltd and it is just what I need.

The only drawback is that it is a monthly payment app, I would like to implement the changes directly in the code of the page.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1841 170 481

Well I see you're hell bent on having it and having it for free 😀

There's a reason why the app you mention is paid - it took considerable effort to build it. There's also a reason why I cannot offer an answer on how to do this for this particular theme - it would take considerable effort and that's not within my scope of free community service. Of course, mileage may vary for others.

I can make one suggestion though if you're up for the journey. There are several free themes from Shopify that have the exact same, albeit a little less configurable through UI, image sliders for product detail pages. Simply pick one, install the theme and start studying the code then copy paste, break stuff, pull out hair, fix stuff, pull out more hair and eventually you'll get there. The main bit to look out for is usually the theme.js file and within that the functions productImageSwitch and switchImage though that varies a little from theme to theme. Oh and the CSS varies a lot.

Hope this helps a bit, good luck!

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2522 25 503

Hi there,

As Karl already suggested this kind of modification is quite possible, but it's a relatively complex one. Not only liquid and CSS needs modification, but you would need to make changes to javascript code as well.

It happens that I offer this kind of modification -- have a look here and here

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com! My post solved your problem? This is my Paypal too :)
0 Likes