How to I add an order notes section at checkout?

1 0 2

How do I add an order notes section at checkout? I want to give my customers the option to have something personalized, and I need a places for them to type the name. I found one thread giving instructions, but it seems to be outdated.

thanks

2 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
423 0 80

Hi, Haley!

My name is Jade, I am with the Social Care Team at Shopify.

We have the steps on how to enable order notes on the cart page here. You may prefer a different option because you can run into issues if your customer purchases more than one of the same product and wants different messages on each one. An alternative solution is to use the free app Infinite Options which allows your customers to add a personalized message right on the product page. This way, when your customer selects multiple products, they will be able to add each product with its own personalized message into the cart one at a time. 

Both options will work well and are free!

I hope this information helps! Feel free to reply if you have any questions!

Jade | Social Care

\ (•◡•) /

0 Likes
Excursionist
12 0 0

Hi !

I have the same issue. I added the cart note and I added a free app to let my customers chose a personalization when they choose the product. But it doesn't work if they purchase the product on facebook because they go directly to the checkout page. Did you find a solution ?

0 Likes
7 0 0

I'm looking for this exact option. It bypasses the cart and product page when coming from facebook.  Need to add a note on the checkout page itself. 

0 Likes
Excursionist
23 0 1

Hi all,

I am looking for the exact same thing.

Is there a way to do it like the way we did it in cart page or is there an app that can do that?

0 Likes
7 0 0
Basically not possible unless you are the top tier user shops that cost a
significant amount of money. That page is pretty much locked. I was able
to add some stuff to the cart page no problem, but if a user goes straight
to checkout then it's problematic.

:/ #feelsbad

0 Likes
Excursionist
23 0 1

@CHBaker Yeah. I am going to ask support if it's possible to unlock at least Enable Order Notes during checkout if I prepay the whole year up front as it was with the 3rd Party Carriers Calculated Rates feature. 

I think would have more upgrades if they had let some of the checkout page settings on.

I 'll get back here to post with the findings.

0 Likes
7 0 0

Just add them to the cart page. Go to customize theme. At the top you'll see 'Home Page'. Select 'Cart', then click the Cart page on the side. Click 'Enable Cart Notes' then save.

0 Likes
7 0 0

For others,

Just add them to the cart page. Go to customize theme. At the top you'll see 'Home Page'. Select 'Cart', then click the Cart page on the side. Click 'Enable Cart Notes' then save.

0 Likes
7 0 0

For others,

This is not even close to being the same solution. Primarily, it fails to assist with customized products when you provide checkout links to them, such as from social media. 

0 Likes