How to Modify "All Products" page

Jeff_Summers
Tourist
9 0 1

I'm trying to modify my Products page (http://thebeardsmith.com/products). In my navigation settings, I have this URL pointing to "All products". I've been unable to figure out which file to modify for the page that displays. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Keegan_T
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
186 0 21

Hello Jeff,

Keegan here from the Shopify Guru team.

Depending on what you're looking to get done with that page, the edit can be pretty easy to difficult. The /products url will bring up the same page that /collections brings up. So you can jump into the collection-loop.liquid or equivalent file if you require some code edits.

If you have any specific requirements or questions, reply back! :)

0 Likes
Jeff_Summers
Tourist
9 0 1

Thanks for the response Keegan. The collection-loop.liquid only modifies each collection that is displayed on the page, it doesn't update the page itself. I need to modify the page that hosts the result for collection-loop.liquid.

0 Likes
Keegan_T
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
186 0 21

Hello Jeff,

Keegan here from the Shopify Guru team.

You may be able to include some code above the loop, as the loop is included on that page. Just being that your theme looks to be a bit different then our default free themes so it may or may not include the list-collections.liquid file we recommend for generating that page.

So if you cannot locate the main template, then above the loop may be the next step if you cannot contact your developer who made the edits to your theme. :)

Thanks for your quick reply!

0 Likes
Jeff_Summers
Tourist
9 0 1

I'm the developer. I don't see a list-collections.liquid file. Does the Launchpad Star theme not come with one? If not, would adding one be an option? I'm curious how this page is being rendered without a list-collections.liquid file. 

0 Likes
Jeff_Summers
Tourist
9 0 1

It looks like adding a list-collections.liquid file, and then pointing the navigation link to it would work, but that poses big practical and SEO problems (changing the resulting URL from /products to /pages/products, etc.). I really need to know how I can modify the page that invokes collection-loop.liquid when there is no list-collections.liquid file.

0 Likes
walker4
Tourist
17 0 1

Im looking to have one page with all collections. Then be able to jump to sections on that page via nav and sub nav. 

Im sure this is possible — Keegan could you suggest where to start codewise?

Thanks

Sean 

0 Likes
omerrob13
5 0 0

It's actually quite simple - 
Create a new collection, name it whatever you want (it will be the title of the collection).
In the URL - make sure it ends in '/all', and that's it.

Follow this instructions for step by step detail - 

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/themes/os/customize/change-catalog-page

0 Likes