How to Remove Banner from Collection Page?

GhostsGallery
1 0 0

Hello,

I'm looking for some guidence on how to remove the the graphic banner from the top of my Collection pages using the 'Debut' theme. The banner is created by blowing up the Collection image, and it looks pixelated and cheap. I'd like to remove it altogether. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Chris

0 Likes
Justin_Lai
Tourist
5 0 1

I posted the same question and awaiting for an answer :(

0 Likes
Justin_Lai
Tourist
5 0 1

lol you just need to disable the "show collection image" in the customer theme and that's it. I missed it.

0 Likes
David_Kazyk
Tourist
6 0 3

Here's a work around:

Under  'Assets' go to 'theme.scss.liquid'

-find this section of code:

.collection-hero__image {
  background-position: 50% 50%;
  background-repeat: no-repeat;
  background-size: cover;
  height: 300px;
  opacity: 1;

-Change   opacity: 1;    to   opacity: 0;  and the background image will become invisable.

Also, playing with the ' height: 300px;' will adjust the spacing of this area.

hipphop
1 0 0

I am having a similar issue - except I don't want to just delete the bnners - I just want it to DISPLAY correctly and look nice and intentional. It seems to be taking the thumbnail you add to the Collections page and just blowing it out. Is there a way to have a banner that is sized appropriately and not dependant on the thumbnail?

0 Likes
ShabsKwofie
Tourist
6 0 2

How do you do that?

0 Likes
ShabsKwofie
Tourist
6 0 2

where can you find that?

0 Likes

Hello,

Thank you for your question. 

Please share your store URL, page URL and also password (if your store has one), I'll help you out to the best of my ability.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Using a free theme? Improve it with copy/paste code snippets clicking here.
◦ Looking to hire an experienced developer? Same day response: ezfycode@gmail.com.
0 Likes
aaliyah1
1 0 0

About Us preview.PNG

I'm trying to remove this banner from all my pages (about me, shop, contact, faqs, etc) I went into the code and though I removed it but it's still there. Can you help me with me? I usually can do it myself but I am really not sure why it's still there. 

0 Likes
robsondecals
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue if anyone can help

Thanks

0 Likes