How to Transfer a Product to a Product Variant?

Juan_Sanchez1
Excursionist
17 0 4

Hi guys!

I hope someone has this problem, too. 

Basically, I sell different products and one type of product X (Eg Alarm Clocks) is sold in various colors.  I always had these in separated product pages so it feels we have more products and they turn more as recommended or suggested products while users navigate the site. 
Today, I would like to group all them in one only product page with colors as product variants. 
How can I do this and make sure I transfer all the info (comments, reviews, Questions, visits, etc.) from the old product to the new product page (with variants)? I know how to create the product variants but I need to transfer all the info from the individual pages. Does it make sense?\

I can share pages if needed. 

Thanks a lot in advance

Digital wellness with a human soul
0 Likes
JHKCreate
Shopify Partner
2228 369 497

Hi @Juan_Sanchez1 ,

This type of information is usually reserved for one product only. You would have to manually merge and carry over all the information and you will of course lose separation meaning even if you change variants the same reviews will appear, nothing else. 

Let me know if you have more questions.

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com
0 Likes
Juan_Sanchez1
Excursionist
17 0 4

Hi 

Digital wellness with a human soul
0 Likes
JHKCreate
Shopify Partner
2228 369 497

You can export them and bulk change the product handle and then import them back in bulk and that would do the trick. I recommend pinging Stamped.io support in case you want them to help as well. 

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com
0 Likes