Solved

How to access order item's custom fields from shopify admin

jpenedo
Visitor
2 1 1

I am building my first store in Shopify, and it involves a business where i need to collect additional data from customer, so i can fullfill the order according customization options.

So, I have setup additional custom fields on liquid, in order to collect additional data from customer at product item level, following https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/products/features/get-customization-information-for...

I am now doing tests,  creating my first order,  and all fields are available on product page, while buying .

But after placing the test order, i  did not realize where i can see the additional field values at shopify admin, while browsing placed orders.  Is there any place on admin where i can find theadditional  options customer chose  ? 

Accepted Solutions (2)

BogdanM
Shopify Partner
121 3 26

This is an accepted solution.

Hey,

Additional item properties are visible in the order's details page.

For example, in the image below it's an order with a image uploaded as a additional property.

order-item-prop.png

Bogdan | WebShopAssist
User friendly apps with top-rated support
- SKUGen the SKU generator
- DPD Integration

View solution in original post

jpenedo
Visitor
2 1 1

Thanks for your answer . I really appreciate it.

It was not appearing for me. It seems i pasted the elements at wrong place on liquid template file, so they were appearing while ordering but not being recognized as additional fields and not propagating for checkout and order. I move one of them as described on tutorial (just before type='submit'  line) and worked. 

Placed in a previous section, and seems they were considered on html but ignored as additional fields

Will move the other ones to proper place.

Thanks !!

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

BogdanM
Shopify Partner
121 3 26

Hey,

Additional item properties are visible in the order's details page.

For example, in the image below it's an order with a image uploaded as a additional property.

order-item-prop.png

Bogdan | WebShopAssist
User friendly apps with top-rated support
- SKUGen the SKU generator
- DPD Integration
jpenedo
Visitor
2 1 1

Thanks for your answer . I really appreciate it.

It was not appearing for me. It seems i pasted the elements at wrong place on liquid template file, so they were appearing while ordering but not being recognized as additional fields and not propagating for checkout and order. I move one of them as described on tutorial (just before type='submit'  line) and worked. 

Placed in a previous section, and seems they were considered on html but ignored as additional fields

Will move the other ones to proper place.

Thanks !!

NileshTejani
Shopify Partner
203 12 43

See step to get additional data of the product in order
Step 1
go to Shopify Admin Panel click on order then click on All orders
https://prnt.sc/228u2yt
Step 2
Click on any order
Step 3 here you can see all additional information
https://prnt.sc/228u9u7

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community

Should you need any direct help:
Get connected: Upwork | Help Center

Jhcustoms_
4 0 0

I am having this same problem, is there any way you can message me the tutorial you watched so ill know where to put the coding if mines in the wrong place, thank you