How to add Homepage-like Sections to other pages?

CaptBret
3 0 0

I am using debut theme.  When building the home page, there are several types of content section that I can add.

When creating other landing pages, there is only the HTML editor.  Is there a way to add Homepage-like sections to other landing pages?

I need to build dozens of nearly identical pages.   I like the "Image next to text" feature.  This is really the only Homepage-like section that I'd like to add to the other landing pages.  There would be a few of this section per page.  Each different page would have different images and text, but the layout would be the same for site wide continuity.

I know there are apps, but functionality ceases after the trial, and I cannot justify spending a monthly fee forever to build these pages within the next few weeks.

Attached is an example of what I'd like to add to the other pages.  If this can be done in the HTML editor, I'd love to learn how!

image text.PNG

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
PremierStores
Shopify Partner
270 26 43

Hi, @CaptBret:

Is that the only section that you want to add to your product page? If not please tell us which other sections you want.

Let's make the best store!
Contact us at: thepremierstores@gmail.com
0 Likes
CaptBret
3 0 0

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Ideally, I'd like to have 2 versions of this.  One with image left, and one with image right.  I would like to add between 5 and 10 of these on each of the pages I need to create.  The image should be able to be hyperlinked to another page.

I am looking to do this on new pages\landing pages, not the product pages.

The attached shows the main menu:  These are the landing pages I'd like to build. 

Art/

Nautical Chart Tile Murals/
Art/Nautical Chart Tile Murals/North East US (Maine New Hampshire, Etc are the collection pages and do not need this)

Art/Nautical Chart Tile Murals/Mid Atlantic

Art/Nautical Chart Tile Murals/South  East US

Art/Nautical Chart Tile Murals/Gulf of Mexico

Art/Nautical Chart Tile Murals/West Coast and Pacific

Art/Nautical Chart Tile Murals/Great Lakes

Art/Nautical Chart Tile Murals/Caribbean

Then I would be building nearly identical looking pages, with different content for:

Framed Nautical Charts

Metal Prints-nautical Chart,

ETC

Then continue with all of the other top tier nav items.

Does this make sense? 

Thank you,

Bret

0 Likes
CaptBret
3 0 0

menu.jpg

This is the menu image of the pages I mentioned.

0 Likes
PremierStores
Shopify Partner
270 26 43

This is possible to do, you can create page templates (for every single page you need to customize) with additional sections and then use those templates to your new pages. If you need more assistance feel free to send us an email.

Let's make the best store!
Contact us at: thepremierstores@gmail.com
0 Likes
Penditude
Tourist
3 0 0

I had a similar issue and put together a tutorial of how I was able to add sections using templates and pre-existing section code. In your case the section name would be Image with Text section named feature-row.liquid in the edit code area.

https://penditude.com/blogs/blog/shopify-debut-theme-tutorial-how-to-add-sections-to-landing-pages 

0 Likes