How to add Two delivery date pickers

2 0 0

Hi, I'd like to have 2 separate delivery date fields in my cart page with the date picker functionality.

I've managed to add 1st date field, thanks to this post below,

https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/cart/add-date-picker-for-delivery-dates

Now I want to add the 2nd field right next to the 1st one. Would you be able to help me out please?

Also can you advice me how I will received the order email with 2 date requests.

Many thanks,

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
607 40 85

Hi there,

My name is Dallas from the Shopify Social Care Team. I have looked at your request and have a few suggestions.

I talked with our Shopify themes team to see if this is something that they could get done for you. If you’re using a Shopify developed theme then they might be able to do this for you. We both haven’t heard of this modification before, so we can’t promise that it will be able to be added, but in their words “Yes, this should be possible!” If you let me know if that is something that you’d want to do let me know and I will move this conversation to email so that we can authenticate. Once authenticated there is an average turnaround time of 24-48 Business hours 9am-5pm Monday - Friday EST.

If you are using a theme that was not developed by Shopify then you can try and reach out to your theme developers to see if they could build this for you. The other option would be to contact the Shopify Experts to see if someone would be able to custom build this for you. There are some very talented experts in the marketplace so it is worth talking with someone over there.

I also wanted to suggest that you look into an app like Book that App. I’m not entirely sure what you’re needing these two date options for so I can’t promise if this would work for what you need exactly, but can you take a look at that and see if it would work. If it does then I think that would be a much simpler option than creating full customization for those two date bars.

As for your second question about how the email notifications would work, I asked the themes team as well and we came to the conclusion that it should all come in as text/email as it does for the original. However, since we both have never seen this customization before we can’t promise how that will go

Please let me know if you’re using a Shopify supported theme so that I can work to see what I can get done for you.

Best,

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0
Hello Dallas,

Thank you for this.
Unfortunately we're using the theme from the third party. However your
tutorial of adding the date picker (see the below link) worked perfectly
for us and I assume that the 2nd date picker will also work in our theme.

https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/cart/add-date-picker-for-delivery-dates

Would it be possible to ask your themes team how they would add the 2nd
date picker to a Shopify developed theme and kindly send the code over to
me so I can try it out in our theme. I assume it'll be simply adding
another codes to the JavaScript file, Cart template and theme.liquid
template.

Thank you so much in advance.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
607 40 85

I see! In that case, it would be the same steps as the link that you have shared, but since our themes team has never had this request before it would take a bit more digging than sharing some simple steps. For that reason, it would be best to just reach out to the Shopify experts marketplace to get them to build this for yours. 

If you're using a third party theme you could get in contact with the actual theme developers.

Let me know if you need a hand getting in touch with the right people. How is the rest of your store set up coming along? 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes