How to add a link to an internal page?

wandercat
Tourist
12 0 1

Hello!

I am still building my website so it isn't live yet. But on the product descriptions of every products, I want to add a link text to a page on my website. It looks like I need a url to put in the insert link field. If the page I want it to go to is the "Guidelines" page. What should I put in the "Link to" field?

Thank you so much!

Replies 8 (8)

cmartinez89
Shopify Partner
112 10 35

Hey there! The link to is the page you want to go. For example, if i wanted to link the word "here". I would simply highlight it, click on insert link, then in link to, i would enter the page destination url, "https://www.xyzstore.com/collections/watches". Now, once a customer sees this, they may click on it and it redirects them to that page. To do this anywhere on your website with html, you could use an <a> tag. 

<a href="/collections/watches">here</a>

Either way, your outcome would look like this: 

Be sure to visit our other watch collection here.

Hope that helps 🙂 

I am a multi-disciplined web developer with years of experience working with several languages and frameworks.
satnam
Shopify Expert
1 0 0

can i used full internal link in shopify when not please give me a reason on it like example

Current internal link relative format:
<a href="/collections/accessories">shop now</a>
✔ Recommended internal link absolute format:
<a href="https://satnam-test-store.myshopify.com/collections/accessories">shop now</a>
MarkLemon
Excursionist
17 0 7

You can use either one, Shopify will figure it out. Whether absolute or relative internal links are better, that seems to be a discussion that has gone on for years. Google claims their bots don't care and will give you SEO cred for either.

bbottema
Tourist
4 0 3

nevermind, I'm dumb.

DigiGreen
Visitor
1 0 0

Won’t Stop Nothing. 💪🏾

MsMeowy
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

So you have to put in the complete url in the link field? Is there no way to place a link if there is no url at hand? 

Ellyce
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello,

I just tried to do this on my Shopify page.

I'm trying to add a link to my size guide in the "dimensions" page. I can add the link, but every time I go to see the page after saving the link is not visible and it's as if I didn't link anything?

I'm so confused!

Sylvia1
Visitor
2 0 0
Hi
Were you able to create links? I'm having trouble with that also