How to add a sidebar to Debut theme blog?

Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 4

Hi everyone, 

I wonder if someone has managed to add a sidebar to the blog in the Debut theme? There´re several outdated posts in the forum, but all without any real solutions...

I´d like very much to add a sidebar to our blog to maximize conversions, something similar like on this blog:

Search

If anyone knows how to implement it, I´d appreciate very much the help and any suggestions!

Thanks a lot in advance,

Elena

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
51 1 4

I can handle that. This custom sidebar must be done in liquid code.

Please share login info to my email, I will check code and give you the solution.

Please Like and Accept Solution if you like my solution.
Email: inzaghi.2006@yahoo.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello, 

I am interested in the same thing, did you manage to get any feedback?

Thanks

Brittiny

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi all!

I have a partial answer for you. I was able to get my categories added to the bottom of my page using this guide but can't seem to get the categories to line up on the side. I will keep working on this so I will report back if I get it sorted. If it's corrected on this site and I haven't posted here, message me. 

https://domaine-sante.com/blogs/the-sweeter-side 

Daniel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
16 0 4

We just posted instructions for Adding a Sidebar to your Shopify Blog. The instructions are for the purpose of placing ads in the sidebar but you could use them for adding just about anything that you want. We came across this forum post when working out how to do it - hopefully the instructions will help future searchers looking to add a sidebar to their Shopify blog.

www.adplugg.com
1 Like
Highlighted
8 0 0

The Same thing has happened to me, I followed that guide and now it is being displayed below my collections. Does anyone know how to make it show up next to the collections like a typical sidebar?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
16 0 4

@RielZarkos  It sounds like maybe you didn't get your grid classes set properly. If you leave the content section set to five-sixths (the default), the one-third width sidebar won't fit and will drop down below it. Make sure that you set the content section to two-thirds (with no push) as described in step 4 of the guide.

To verify, right click on your site and choose "View Page Source". Then search for "two-thirds" followed by "one-third". If you don't find your content section and your right sidebar section, you might have missed a step.

www.adplugg.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Oh i have been trying to add a sidebar into the collections page not the blog page. Know a fix for that?

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

i followed these instructions https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Add-a-Sidebar-to-Debut-Theme/m-p/403306 but im not sure what  "Then you should create the style for class for one-thirds and two-thirds to set the width column" means. I have researched everywhere and am honestly a beginner coder/ no clue what I am doing. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
16 0 4

@RielZarkos  I posted a potential solution in the other thread that you mentioned.

www.adplugg.com
0 Likes