How to add back to collection on product page in brooklyn theme?

Highlighted
Explorer
58 0 12

Hello,

How do I add a back to product tag/shop page button on the product page?

The theme demo has it but I do not see it in mine? 

I do not have any collections only product tags. 

back.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
223 43 79

Hi, @jayboogie,

Dani here from Shopify. Thanks for writing in!

How are you enjoying the Brooklyn theme so far? I may be biased because I use this theme on my own store, but it's my personal favourite Shopify theme!

By default, when you navigate to a product from a certain collection you should see this "Back to ..." option on your product. However, if you skip the collection page step and navigate directly to the product, then you won't see this option. 

For example, if I navigate to my product by going to the home page > collections page > product page, I'll see a URL that looks like this: 

domain-name.com/collections/all-products/products/product-name

And this option at the bottom of the product page:

09-40-g6367-jdptx

Whereas, if I go to the product page directly, I'll see a URL that looks like this:

domain-name.com/products/product-name

And I won't see the option to go back to the collection.

Can you confirm on your storefront that if you navigate to the collection page > product page, that you don't see this option to go back to the collection page? Unless there has been some custom changes to your code you should see this.

Other than this, how has your store been operating lately? Have you noticed any changes in how your customers are shopping your store since the pandemic started? If you haven't already, I'd suggest taking a look at the different free resources that we have available on our Shopify Compass page. These courses are super informative and can take your business to the next level.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

Highlighted
Explorer
58 0 12

Thank you for your reply.

So far, so good. I am happy with the theme.

Yes, I have noticed that my URL looks like this:

domain-name.com/products/product-name

That is because I do not have any collections (because I do not want them to appear in the main menu) and all of my products are categorized under tags.  

Is there any other way of having a back button like the one on the original Brooklyn theme to go back to the main shop page/tag category?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey @jayboogie,

Did you every find a solution to this? I see that Shopify hasn't responded to your last post.

Having the same issue...

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Ditto

0 Likes