How to add featured brands on home page similar to featured collections

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

I want to list my top selling brands on my home page similar to how you can list featured collections/products but haven't been able to find the settings to do so? Assuming need to edit the code?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1079 169 195

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @DCastle ,

Why not create specific collections for these vendors, add their logo as a featured image and use the Collection block to display them?

Let me know!

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com
K&J
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Hey @JHKC thanks for the reminder! Simple fix! One quick question...now I have the heading for my featured collections and the featured brands (collection) as the same. I can I edit the titel for featured collections under languages section so they now say "Top Product Categories" but I can't edit them individually so I can name the other as "Most Popular Brands". Any ideas?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1079 169 195

I see, well there are two ways to do this:

1. Create a Header Field that is filled per collection section in your theme editor (not very straightforward)
  2. Delete the header and add a rich text section over the featured collection.

#1 is cleaner but depending on your knowledge of liquid it could be challenging. Let me know!

K&J
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

#2 is easy enough but like you said, not very clean. I have some basic knowledge of liquid (mostly cutting and pasting code of prewritten code in appropriate sections). Do you have the code easily available and where I would need to play it? Thanks again!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1079 169 195

You would need to locate the the Collection-List in the "Sections" folder, then go to the schema underneath and add a new text field. Afterwards you then look for the header location and replaced its output by the value you just added...You know what? Let me do it for you quickly. Would you mind sharing your store's URL so I can request Collaborator access? Will need a few minutes to be done. 

Cheers!

K&J
0 Likes
Highlighted
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1079 169 195

This is an accepted solution.

All Good! @DCastle 

Cheers Mate!

K&J
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Too awesome! Thanks! What file and section did you do it in? If you can point me to it so I can see what you did and learn from it? Thanks!

0 Likes