How to add first name to newsletter in Debut?

1 0 2

Hey guys. I want to add first name field to newsletter singup in Debut.

Can anyone tell me what code I need to add and where to accomplish this.

Thank you.

2 Likes
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi Peter,

Did anyone come up with an answer with this as I am having the same problem?

Cheers,

Steve

0 Likes
2 0 0

I'm also searching for this info - Any insight to this found yet? Thanks

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi Karen,

I manged to get it sorted. I paid a really good Shopify Expert to put a new first name field in and then to link the sign up form directly into my MailChimp account which is what I really wanted to do to build a more personlised list.

I have a good basic level of coding knowledge and have built forms before but that was in WordPress which is easier and you have access to all of the backend coding which you’re not able to on Shopify.

I would recommend paying $60 to someone to get it done and tested correctly which goes directly into your MailChimp account for peace of mind. If you want the name of the guy that did mine then let me know.

If that’s not the case then I can tell you where the form is situated and I’ll pull some of the code out and you can have ago. The issue for me was that if I wanted to create another field – where would it go and how would Shopify process it?

Hope this is of some help – I know exactly how frustrating this is.

Cheers,

Steve

0 Likes
2 0 0

Thank you Steve! I remember name field options being offered at some point when I initaly set up my store but not sure if it was on another theme that I'd tried on Shopify or if it was in MailChimp's form builder. I had opted to use Debut's subscribe form but I'll go back and take another look at MailChimp's. Thanks again!  Karen

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 2

This is where the code is located:

Actions > edit code>Sections>newsletter.liquid

I think it is a Shopify form which is then using an embedded MailChimp subscribe form. This is what mine looks like- I’ve blanked out some of my MailChimp details:

<form class="contact-form hide~" action="https://xxxxxxx.xxxxx.manage.com/subscribe/post?u=cbcb980616185bc7192780bab&amp;id=534db440c6" method="post" target="_blank" name="mc-embedded-subscribe-form">

<div class="input-group password__input-group{% if form.errors %} input-group--error{% endif %}">

<input type="text"  placeholder="First name" class="input-group__field" value="" name="FNAME" class="" id="mce-FNAME">

<input type="email"

name="EMAIL"

class="input-group__field newsletter__input{% if form.errors %} input--error{% endif %}"

value="{% if customer %}{{ customer.email }}{% endif %}"

placeholder="{{ 'general.newsletter_form.email_placeholder' | t }}"

aria-label="{{ 'general.newsletter_form.email_placeholder' | t }}"

aria-required="true"

autocorrect="off"

autocapitalize="off"

>

<span class="input-group__btn">

<button type="submit" class="btn newsletter__submit" name="commit" id="Subscribe">

<span class="newsletter__submit-text--large">{{ 'general.newsletter_form.submit' | t }}</span>

</button>

</span>

</div>

</form>

I decided to get someone do it for me so that it is correctly and is fully tested and it works.

Hope this has helped.

Cheers,

Steve

0 Likes
1 0 0

Can you please send me the contact for adding a name to my Shopify email sign up?

Thank you,

Laura wilson

0 Likes