How to add hovering on dropdown menu (Debut theme)?

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

Hi There

Please could someone help me with adding a hovering feature on our dropdown menu. We're using the Debut theme.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
503 42 67

Hey, @Luvita!

Ash here from the Shopify team. It sounds like you want to make a customization to your Debut theme, and I'm happy to help out! 

I see you mentioned wanting to add a hover effect to your dropdown menu. Could you please reply back here and elaborate a bit more on exactly what this hover effect would do? Are you wanting the dropdown to unfurl automatically when hovering over it? If you can share any links to sites with what you're looking for as an example, that would be amazing! Also, could you please let me know if you're on a paid plan and if you've had any customizations made to your site previously? 

I look forward to hearing back! 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

Hi Ash

Yes, I want each menu button to drop down automatically when someone highlights their mouse over it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

Please could someone assist asap?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
503 42 67

Thank you for getting back to me and clarifying what you want the hover effect to be. Since you're using the Debut theme, our theme support team may be able to assist you with this. Could you please first confirm if you've had any customizations made to your theme previously, and if so, by who? Also, is your Shopify account on a paid plan at this time? 

Once I hear back with the above information we can determine the best next steps. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

We had a small customisation done by a Shopify Partner, Propero. Yes, we're on a paid plan.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
503 42 67

Gotcha. Thank you for letting me know! Let's loop in our theme support team and see if they can assist with the hover feature you're looking for! I've sent you an email to the email address associated with your Shopify Community account. Please reply to that email to complete authentication, and then I'll get our theme support team to look into this customization with us! 

0 Likes