How to add previous / next arrows to product page images?

3 0 0

Hi All,

I'd like to add the same arrows that are on my homepage slideshow to the product page images..

It's more of an aesthetics thing from the user point of view - to expect arrows in slideshows..

Is there a way to add this through CSS or javascript?

Anton

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
952 96 189

Hey there, @Antonio_Pelayo.

Bo here from Shopify Support!

That is a really great question. I went ahead and checked with our theme team to see if this would be possible to do with your design time and this is not a supported theme customization. However, I did some further digging and found that there are a few apps that can achieve this. 

Product Image Gallery & Zoom by Gravity Software appears to be our best-rated app with this functionality. With this app you can add an animated gallery, slider or carousel to your product pages and improve the quality of images. It also allows you to resize images and add a video gallery. This app costs $9.99/month and comes with a 7-day free trial.

We also have a free app called Image Slider + Carousel which would allow you to add slides to any page of your store, including your product pages. 

I understand that this is not the answer you were looking for, hopefully, somebody else in this community will have the code you are looking for but if not, at least you now know that there are applications that will do this for you. I would recommend that you let the community know which theme you are using also. Customizations like this can differ on a theme to theme basis and so knowing which theme you are using will really help in getting the right information. 

If you are completely averse to using one of the apps and if nobody here is able to provide a solution I would recommend reaching out to a Shopify Expert to get this built for you. You could also check out the developers at HeyCarson or TaskHusky to get the best possible price. 

All the Best,
Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes