How to add smaller subheading on Narrative theme slideshow

Shopify Partner
7 0 1

Can anyone tell me how to add a second line of text with a smaller font on the slideshow in narrative theme? Thanks!!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
579 37 55

Hi, Bethany!

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. :-) 

You should be able to add a second line of text to the slideshow in the "theme editor". I've outlined some steps (along with screenshots) below if you would like to take a look:

• Please click Online Store and then Themes.
  • Next, click on Customize.
  • After that, click on the Slideshow section and then the slide you would like the text to appear.
  • Under the Text area, locate the field called "Secondary heading" and then enter your custom text. 

Let me know how this goes and feel free to reach out to our Support team any time as well. We're here 24/7 via Facebook, Twitter, chats, emails and phone. 

Thanks a mill, 
Ted

2019 NOTE: This is an old forum post from 2018 and the Narrative theme has since been updated. The code advised here might not work for your theme. Please feel free to contact our Support directly here for assistance. Alternatively, you can create a new forum post within our Design Thread where fellow merchants, Experts and developers may be able to help. Always make sure to create a backup of your theme as shown here before making coding changes.

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Ted, 

Question for you. Would it be possible to add a subheading on the slideshow right below the header of the narrative theme? I do not see the option to add a secondary heading. 

Thanks in advance,

Jason

@Ted wrote:

Hi, Bethany!

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. :-) 

You should be able to add a second line of text to the slideshow in the "theme editor". I've outlined some steps (along with screenshots) below if you would like to take a look:

Let me know how this goes and feel free to reach out to our Support team any time as well. We're here 24/7 via Facebook, Twitter, chats, emails and phone. 

Thanks a mill, 
Ted

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hello!

The solution that is here doesn´t seem to work anymore since I don´t see a "secondary heading" choice anywhere anymore. There is just the heading text box and button text box.

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi Shopify team.

Any solution to that

Thanks

0 Likes