How to change H1 tag for Homepage for Broolyn Theme?

Solved

Hi. I am new on Shopify. I set up my store on Brooklyn Theme and now start SEO optimization.

The main problem I found - tag H1 on Home page.

Now I need some help to change it:

1. I want to rewrite H1 and do not wrere I can do it (now it is "WeddingBowtie")

2. Also, I found second H1 (now it is "Brown wooden bow tie classic form with blue cell fabric and pocket square") on my Homepage and it is not good for SEO. How can I change secon H1 to H2?

bow tie maker from Ukraine
0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
1152 131 197

It looks like sections/product-template.liquid has been referenced in one of the sections of the home page to render the "mini-product page". The second H1 is coming from sections/product-template.liquid this line:

<h1 class="product-single__title" itemprop="name">{{ product.title }}</h1>

Keep in mind that sections/product-template.liquid is used to render your product pages, and H1 for the product title makes perfect sense. You might want to code some simple conditional that would use H2 in case sections/product-template.liquid is rendered within the homepage and leave it as H1 in all other cases.

So the line of code above, would look something like this:

{% if template.name == "index" %}
  <h2 class="product-single__title" itemprop="name">{{ product.title }}</h2>
{% else %}
  <h1 class="product-single__title" itemprop="name">{{ product.title }}</h1>
{% endif %}

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
1 Like
4 0 0

Hi I am new users, I am using shopify theme Gecko 2.1, I am trying to edit my Homepage H1 tag, but I don't know where to find them and how to edit them?could you please help?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1152 131 197

If you can share the (preview) URL to your store that would help.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi I want to change my home page: https://www.onlinefashionresource.com/. H1 , H2 and H3  on this page, but I heard I need to change from our edit code area which I don't know where to find the code and how to write the correct way to make that change.

Thank you

Sara

0 Likes