How to change home page background on home page

Highlighted
3 0 0
How to change from a video background to a single image
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi TJS,

Depending on the theme you are using, you may be able to change the background by going selecting Online store > Themes > Customize (for the current theme). If that doesn't appear to be possible, you will have to edit your site's files directly. The changes you'll need to make depend on the theme you have installed. If you're unsure about how to go about this, send me a message and I'll do what I can to help you out with it.

Regards,

Tom

Shopify Partner & Developer
If it's a problem you can't solve the job is not too small - get in touch
littleventures.net
contact@littleventures.net

Print or download a PDF catalog for your store in minutes - Shop-2-Doc
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Good Morning. Thank you for the reply. I am using IMPULSE .(VERSION 1.4.2). I'm thinking that I mite need to edit some code ?
0 Likes
Highlighted

Yep, you'll have to edit the site code. Unfortunately, because it's a paid theme, I can't tell you exactly which file to edit or where to put it* but to add a background for an entire page the following bit of css should work (provided you disable the background video first):

body {
  background-image: url(https://path/to/your/background-image.jpg);
  background-size: cover;
  background-position: center center;
}

*There is a good chance that the place to put this code is at the end of your 'theme.scss.liquid' file found by selecting Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit code. The url for your image can be found next to the image in Settings > Files (you can upload the image here if you haven't already).

If you want the image to be a background for a part of the page (and not the entire page) replace 'body' in the code above with either the classname of the element (preceded by '.' - e.g. .feature-section) or the id of the element (preceded by '#' - e.g. #feature-section).

Good luck,

Tom

Shopify Partner & Developer
If it's a problem you can't solve the job is not too small - get in touch
littleventures.net
contact@littleventures.net

Print or download a PDF catalog for your store in minutes - Shop-2-Doc
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Thank you for the info I will give this a try on a duplicate
To see if I can make this work.