How to change my store description that shows in Google search?

ofmice88
Visitor
3 0 0

The description of my store that appears in Google Search, under my URL, when I'm Googled, needs to be changed.  How do I change it?  I've tried but been unable.  Thanks.

Replies 11 (11)

SobefyOscar
Shopify Partner
115 11 41

If you go to online store > preferences you can change the google title and meta description. For product and page title and meta description you can change those in the page and product settings. It's relatively easy. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 5.11.25 PM.png

Want to customize or make changes to a theme? Hire me.
If my answer was helpful please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: oscar@sobefy.com
KylieC
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I have tried updating the google title and meta description for my shop like you outlined, but it is still not showing up in google? Do you know any other ways to make sure the knew meta description is what shows up in google? 

Thanks in advance!

MichaelB2222
Tourist
7 0 7

I also have this problem, have changed the title and description but no change to my google search results. Need help ASAP! i believe this is affecting my sales (the store looks very dodgy when people google it and see the current results).

Is there any update on this?

@KylieC wrote:

Hi, I have tried updating the google title and meta description for my shop like you outlined, but it is still not showing up in google? Do you know any other ways to make sure the knew meta description is what shows up in google? 

Thanks in advance!

Thanks.

Ez-Blends
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi, I have updated the description on my preferences under title and meta description

but when I go search on Google, it's still showing the wrong info. 

glodeck
Tourist
5 0 1

same here

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2330 350 1024

It wont happen immediately, you'll have to wait for google to crawl your site which can take a few days or you can send a request to google to re-index your site:

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6065812?hl=en

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄
Witness
Tourist
23 0 2

How an I add my directory, Home, View All, Pants, Shirts, Hoodies etc.

20D9FFA2-E332-4227-9406-2160EEFECB18.jpeg

I don't know what I'm doing
herazide
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there, did you manage to solve the problem? I would need help too. Thanks.

pearluvc
4 0 0

Have you found a solution to this? Its really bugging me and making my site look unprofessional and dodgy. Mine says "Enter using password. Enter store using password: Your password. Enter. Are you the store owner? Log in here. Opening soon." Even though I have already removed the site password

Doubledosebrand
Visitor
1 0 0

Did it ever change?

OSSO
Visitor
1 0 0

Google usually crawls a website every few months, but you can ask them to recrawl your website sooner if you want: https://developers.google.com/search/docs/advanced/crawling/ask-google-to-recrawl#:~:text=Inspect%20....