How to change my store description that shows in Google search?

Highlighted
3 0 0

The description of my store that appears in Google Search, under my URL, when I'm Googled, needs to be changed.  How do I change it?  I've tried but been unable.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
111 10 26

If you go to online store > preferences you can change the google title and meta description. For product and page title and meta description you can change those in the page and product settings. It's relatively easy. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 5.11.25 PM.png

Want to customize or make changes to a theme? Hire me.
If my answer was helpful please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: oscar@sobefy.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, I have tried updating the google title and meta description for my shop like you outlined, but it is still not showing up in google? Do you know any other ways to make sure the knew meta description is what shows up in google? 

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 5

I also have this problem, have changed the title and description but no change to my google search results. Need help ASAP! i believe this is affecting my sales (the store looks very dodgy when people google it and see the current results).

Is there any update on this?

@KylieC wrote:

Hi, I have tried updating the google title and meta description for my shop like you outlined, but it is still not showing up in google? Do you know any other ways to make sure the knew meta description is what shows up in google? 

Thanks in advance!

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, I have updated the description on my preferences under title and meta description

but when I go search on Google, it's still showing the wrong info. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

same here

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1441 194 500

It wont happen immediately, you'll have to wait for google to crawl your site which can take a few days or you can send a request to google to re-index your site:

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6065812?hl=en

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes