How to change picture on frontpage Showroom theme

Highlighted
13 0 0
Hi Can anyone help me please, I would like to change the picture on the frontpage of my shop. I have the showroom theme. Also if possible I would like to change the blue and grey colour scheme on the whole shop to pink and grey. Can anyone help me please??? Thanks Nicky
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hey nicky
Go to admin/ look and feel. then click on shop.css. a little way down you will find #header {
here you can change the logo.gif with whatever image you chose

0 Likes
Highlighted
13 0 0

Hi Jonathan

Thanks for your help, we have tried this but it hasn’t worked.

What I did was upload an image by adding a new asset. I then took away the “logo” bit in the shop.css and replaced it with the name of my new image. However it hasn’t worked, and the original image hasn’t even disappeared. Can you help any further?

We were also wanting to change the general colour scheme of the page so have tried to download the vision programme to help us redesign the layout and appearance. We downloaded it , but for some reason cannot open it now. It is locked as a zip, do you know if you need anything special to use this programme?

Thanks very much, any help you can give is much appreciated

Nicky

0 Likes
Highlighted
247 0 0

If you made sure to save the changes when changing the logo in the css the problem is with your browser’s cache. If you’re on Firefox, hit Shift-Reload (on windows, i believe it’s STRG+Shift+R), or close and open your browser again.

The Vision you downloaded should be an ordinary zip file. If you cannot extract it by doubleclicking it, get a program that is capable of dealing with zip files, e.g. Winzip, Winrar, Stuffit

0 Likes