Solved

How to change product page text size

Dumax
Explorer
89 7 16

Hello,

How can I change the text size of the product page? I mean, themes settings -> typography -> body text, I've set it to 17px but that changes to every body text in the store, not only product page. And it also seems that some parts of the product page text are larger, and other parts smaller.

Is there a way to make a particular text in the product page the size I want? To modify different paragraphs as I want?

117551631_1867063536781656_4374636977104787715_n.jpg

It might not seem like a big difference, but when looking on mobile, the top text is larger than bottom text an I want to change that.

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (9)

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Dumax,

Please share your website URL. I will check and provide a solution here.

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app

View solution in original post

Dumax
Explorer
89 7 16

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2958 568 891

To make one larger and the other smaller would require more complex code, you'd want to hire a shopify dev to assist you.

However, you can use this to make the other one larger:

1. In your Shopify Admin go to online store > themes > actions > edit code
2. Find Asset > theme.scss.liquid and paste this at the bottom of the file:

.product-single__description ul{
    font-size: 20px !important;
}

Feel free to adjust the 20px to anything you like.
Please let me know whether it works.

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

Hey @Dumax,

In the screenshot that you have shown. Do you want that section font smaller and bigger?

because that will have to write CSS specific for that section.

Right now font is 17px for all.

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

Hey @Dumax,

Is there a way to make a particular text in the product page the size I want? To modify different paragraphs as I want?

You can give the format your product description from the editor.

Select specific text and size accordingly.

Here is a screenshot.

editor.jpg

Hope this helps!

Dumax
Explorer
89 7 16

@diego_ezfy I've added the code and it only changed a certain block of text. The rest of the product description is still 17px.

1.png

Dumax
Explorer
89 7 16

@dmwwebartisan It only allows for changing headings. They are too big or too small and in bold. I want all my product pages in 18px.

Dumax
Explorer
89 7 16

@dmwwebartisan I want all my product page descriptions in 18px. And the last paragraph to be 20px.

1 - Copy.png

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2958 568 891

@Dumax yes, I am aware, as aforementioned to achieve what you want would require hiring a developer in your store for more complex personalized customizations.

Kind regards, 

Diego 

Replies 11 (11)

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

Hey @Dumax,

Please share your website URL. I will check and provide a solution here.

Thanks!

Dumax
Explorer
89 7 16

vileep.com

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

Hey @Dumax,

In the screenshot that you have shown. Do you want that section font smaller and bigger?

because that will have to write CSS specific for that section.

Right now font is 17px for all.

Thanks!

Dumax
Explorer
89 7 16

@dmwwebartisan I want all my product page descriptions in 18px. And the last paragraph to be 20px.

1 - Copy.png

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2958 568 891

To make one larger and the other smaller would require more complex code, you'd want to hire a shopify dev to assist you.

However, you can use this to make the other one larger:

1. In your Shopify Admin go to online store > themes > actions > edit code
2. Find Asset > theme.scss.liquid and paste this at the bottom of the file:

.product-single__description ul{
    font-size: 20px !important;
}

Feel free to adjust the 20px to anything you like.
Please let me know whether it works.

Dumax
Explorer
89 7 16

@diego_ezfy I've added the code and it only changed a certain block of text. The rest of the product description is still 17px.

1.png

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2958 568 891

@Dumax yes, I am aware, as aforementioned to achieve what you want would require hiring a developer in your store for more complex personalized customizations.

Kind regards, 

Diego 

Dumax
Explorer
89 7 16

Okay, thank you. But is there a way to make at least the whole product description to 18px? I've tried that code but it only changed a certain block of text and I don't know why.

Dumax
Explorer
89 7 16

I've added 

.product-single__description {
font-size: 18px!important;

}

Seems to work.

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

Hey @Dumax,

You can give the format your product description from the editor.

Select specific text and size accordingly.

Here is a screenshot.

editor.jpg

Hope this helps!

Dumax
Explorer
89 7 16

@dmwwebartisan It only allows for changing headings. They are too big or too small and in bold. I want all my product pages in 18px.