How to change social media logos and location, help greatly appreciated

Highlighted
3 0 1

Hello, I'm currently using the Debut theme for my shopify store, and at the moment the Facebook and Instagram buttons that link to our social media accounts is located at the bottom of the page in the footer, and is a light grey colour on grey background.   

My question is..

1, would it be possible to change the location to my header, next to the cart, account and search icons?  rather than in the footer?
2, And How am I able to change the logo to something that would fit in with the header designs better?

Help would be grately appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello 

Please share your site url.

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Steve,
Answer to your question 1  is yes and would you consider having a quick chat where I can show you how can we help you with logo change to fit in the header design better.

Feel free to reach me at live:erica.sadler_2

Erica Sadler
Business Consultant
Galaxy Weblinks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3039 227 496

Hi @Steve5469,

Nick here from Shopify.

It's definitely possible to move the social media icons to the header of your store, but it's not something Shopify recommends. The reason being is that adding social media links to the top of the page does not always increase store sales. In fact, it may have the exact opposite effect - it may encourage your customers to go to the social media pages without browsing through your online store first. There is a great third party article which has some very good information and goes into detail about how adding social media links to the header can impact your store. You can read the article here

With that being said, if this is still something you would like to explore, it's something which I can send to the theme support team for you. If you'd still like to look into it, could you please let me know if the email you used to sign up to the community with is the best email to reach you on if it isn't could you reply and let me know what is. Once we have verified your details for security reasons the team can take a look. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 1

Hi thanks the the reply Nick, after reading your comment we've decided to keep it where it is.  Thanks heaps for the insight and advice!

1 Like
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3039 227 496

No problem at all @Steve5469

I completely see where you were coming from but thought it was definitely worth adding some context and exploring it a little further with you first. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes