How to change the font weight, Debut theme

Highlighted
Pathfinder
100 2 21

Hello,

Can anyone help me to change the font weight from product price and description?I want to set regular again!

*I change on theme page the typography from heading and buttons and i select a bold font

Thanks,

Sermak

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
573 40 86

Hello @Sermak

Ren here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for your post! 

It sounds like you're wanting to revert back to what your font once looked like. For Debut, the default settings look like this: 

You may also want to double check that the "bold product titles" box is unchecked. Let me know if making these changes doesn't work. If you can offer any screenshots of what you're hoping to achieve, that would be helpful! 

Cheers for now, 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
Pathfinder
100 2 21

Hello @Ren7 ,

I havent got this "bold product titles" section..

Look 

a11.PNG

I have select a bold typography thats why is bold the description-price under the product..

I want to know the exact code to change just the font weight of description and price under the products

Thnaks either,

Sermak

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
100 2 21

??ANYONE??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
24 1 3

Hi @Sermak,

- Go to your dashboard. Then go to online store > themes > edit code > assets folder > theme.scss.liquid. 

- Then paste this code below. 

- You can change the font-size like 10px, 20px, 30px, or whatever you need.

- You can change the font-weight like 100, 200, 300 and up to 900.

For changing price under the products

span.price-item.price-item--regular {
    font-size: 24px;
    font-weight: 900;
}

For changing product description: 

.product-single__description.rte {
    font-weight: 900;
    font-size: 20px;
}

Thanks. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
100 2 21

@PonyTask hello,

Actually the code for price font weight worked but the other code for product description did not..aaa.PNG

Thanks you either,

Sermak

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
24 1 3

Hi @Sermak ,

Would you please share your store URL? And specific about what are the changes do you need with a screenshot? 

Maybe, you want to change your product title. Then paste this code below in theme.scss.liquid

h1.product-single__title {
    font-size: 20px;
}

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
100 2 21

@PonyTask hello,

sure..

url: the-loggos.myshopify.com

password: 123456

Like this..

ab.PNG

thanks,

sermak

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
573 40 86

Hi @Sermak

It's possible you aren't seeing that option because your theme is out-dated. I recommend returning to the Theme Store and downloading the most recent version of Debut.

Coding is outside of the scope for our specific support though I am happy to connect you with our theme department if you can specify exactly what changes you are looking for. Otherwise, your additional options are getting assistance from developers here in the Community, or reaching out to a Shopify Expert in our marketplace here. 

If you'd like me to assess your eligibility for a theme customization, just be sure you have a valid email address on your forums account and let me know if you wish to proceed with that. 

All the best, 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 3

I'm using the Brooklyn theme and have tried several times to override the themes font-weight. It seems once you choose the font-weight within the Fonts section of the theme customizer, it cannot change. I've tried every style sheet within the code editor, even with !important. Does anyone know a work around?

0 Likes