How to change the image on the password page?

14 0 0

Hello, 

It is going to be a few weeks before we officially open our Shopify store.  In the meantime, I would like to put a nice image on our password page.  Can someone tell me how to do this please?

Many thanks.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 0 66

Hiya, Samantha!

Savannah here from the Shopify Guru Team. 

In order to change up that background image, you'll just need to add your new image in to the assets folder of your theme files, and give it the same name as the old image. Here's how to do that: 

• Navigate to Online Store>Themes and select "Edit HTML/CSS" from the Actions menu of your active theme.
  • Once in your theme editor, select the Assets folder from the left-hand menu. 
  • Notice how there is an image in that folder called password-page-background.jpg. If you delete that image, and add your own image called password-page-background.jpg, the theme will pull your uploaded image instead of the deleted image. Make sure it give it the exact same name!

Let me know if that does the trick!

Savannah | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

2 Likes
2 0 0

Is this info still relevant and will it work on the Jumpstart template?

0 Likes
Excursionist
75 0 10

I think the above information works for most themes. When I was customizing my password page, I followed the steps but had to hunt around to find other file(s) that I needed to edit to change the page background image, etc.  I read this tutorial and it helped me, too.  Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1

That did NOT work. I am using the Brooklyn theme.

I did more research and found the way to fix it -- Shopify should update the 'solution.'

"1. Go to "Edit HTML//CCS" --> Assets folder. Click on "Add new asset". Here you have to upload the image file that you want to put into your background. 

In this example, lets call it "Example-background.jpg"

2. Once you done that, you can edit the HTML and replace only the picture file  name "pasword-page-background.jpg" with "Example-background.jpg". Don't delete any of the symbols at all. "

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 1 0

If someone still need help to find the solution, here the link to the post you are looking for:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Venture-Theme-Password-Page-Background/m-p/452421...

0 Likes