How to change the product image size in the collection page in the Brooklyn theme

nc1345
Tourist
6 0 2

Hello!

I spent hours just trying to figure this out and couldn't find anything that helped. 

The product image size is too small. I'm looking to make all product images bigger when I'm shopping.

This is what it currently looks like:

Current Design.png

I want it to look like the image below. It's hard to tell but basically, the images reach the entire screen (little margins on the left & right and the images are also larger).

Desired Design.png

How do I enlarge the image (and reduce the margins I'm guessing)? I already know how to change the number of products per row in a grid, so that isn't a problem. The problem is that the product images are too tiny. Any pointers to the right files and specific sections to edit would be appreciated.

Also please note I'm using the BROOKLYN theme.

Replies 16 (16)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

Hello, @nc1345 

Welcome to the Shopify community!
and Thanks for your Good question.

Please share your site URL,
So I will check and provide a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
nc1345
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi @KetanKumar and @diego_ezfy 

Thank you for your help.

The URL is emri-studio.com (or emri-studio.myshopify.com) and password is: twieck

I'm probably going to use vertical images (as opposed to my horizontal ones right now).. So hopefully any fix will take this into account. I believe the first image in my product page right now is kind of what I had in mind. 

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@nc1345 

Thanks for details 

yes i have check this how fo you like collection product image let me know so i will guide you.

@stephaniepoe20 

Welcome to the Shopify community!
and Thanks for your Good question.

Please share your site URL,
So I will check and provide a solution here.

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
stephaniepoe20
Visitor
3 0 0

Yes I still need help with this. Can you provide me with the code edits? I'm using the brooklyn theme. My url is 

www.colourtheorycollective.com

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@stephaniepoe20 

Thanks
can you please share screenshot further issue

Muessigmanns
Tourist
3 0 2

I have the same issue. The shop add is www.muessigmanns.eu ; I would like to have the pictures bigger than they are currently when a user scrolls through the collection. Unfortunately I can not find any solution to the problem from this conversation. Can someone enlighten me? Appreciate.

Benjamin 

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@Muessigmanns 

Thanks for post 

sorry for your store is password protected can you please share us.

Muessigmanns
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi @KetanKumar ; thanks for your quick reply. 

www.muessigmanns.eu ; pass is: skeanu

Currently I have 3 products in one row and the size looks ok but when I switch to 5 Products per row then images get way too small. What I would like to have is bigger image sizes in the collections when having 5 products in a row. 

Appreciate your help.

Benjamin 

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@Muessigmanns 

Thanks 

can you add me staff account so i will used theme dynamic code and quick fix

franklovesdoll
Excursionist
16 0 4

HI, I would also be very keen to make my product grid wider & less spacing between images particuarly in mobile please - so basically the images are larger when you are browsing through a collection. This help would be amazing thank you!! The site is https://frankanddoll.com

Many thanks

Ben

annborder
5 0 0

Hello - 

I am having this same issue. I would like my images to be larger in a 2:3 vertical proportion on my collection page. They look fine on mobile but much too small on PC. I would also like the sort by bar moved to be on the same level as the tag links. is this possible? The first image is a ss of how it looks now, and the second img is how I'd like it to look. 

collections page as is.jpgideal .jpg

https://kate-beck-new-orleans.myshopify.com/ pw desmond7

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2935 562 883

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

Please share your store URL, page URL and also password (if your store has one), I'll help you out to the best of my ability.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!
◦ Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.

stephaniepoe20
Visitor
3 0 0

I am having the same issue on my site. Did youu ever come up with a solution?

adwardlince
Visitor
1 0 0

change apperance setting in to dashboard  

sophiagarcia
Excursionist
15 0 1

In this way change the product image size in the collection page in the Brooklyn theme.

1. Click Resize.
  2. Enter the new width for the image. The height is automatically updated to keep the same aspect ratio. If you want to resize the image without keeping the same aspect ratio, then click Lock aspect ratio. 
  3. Click Apply to resize the image.
  4. Click Save. You're done making edits in the image edit.

Hope you got your answer!

Thanks
Sophia Garcia - Creative Director - UMC Canada
annborder
5 0 0

curious to know where you are finding these settings.. I am looking under the collection pages section and there is nothing about resizing images. Can you supply a screen grab of what you are looking at?

Thanks!