How to change the "News" page name to just display "Blog" (Debut theme)

2 0 0

Hi all.

Just trying to find a way to display the word "Blog" instead of "News" on the blog page where the articles are displayed. And also how to change the color of the Read More box? Thanks a lot :)

0 Likes
Astronaut
761 78 151

You can go to Online Store > Blog Posts -- Then in the "Blog" column, underneath it will probably be listed "News" as the type of blog. You can click that and change the name to Blog. Or you can go into blog-template.liquid in in your templates folder in Online Store > Actions > Edit Code -- Then change the first <h1> tag from {{ page_title }}  to just Blog.

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
281 5 30

Hey, @rodgibson 

Elle here from Shopify. 

To modify the blog's title, select Online store > Blogs > News. From there, you can change the title of your blog. Here are some screenshots to show the steps you'll need to take: 

18-14-t00f8-2gtov

18-15-elh1p-mbgfr

To change the color of the 'Read More' box, you will need to modify the "Secondary Labels and Borders" option under Colors (Online store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings > Colors) in your theme editor:

I hope this is helpful and if you have any other questions, just let me know!

Cheers,
Elle

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes