How to copy a translation

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 6

Hello there,

I am using shopify in Polish language, I had to translate my theme manually from the scratch.

I did it, however I am opening a new store, and after downloading and uploading my theme, the translation is not there.

Is there a way to export translation and upload it to another store with same theme?

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2545 178 395

Hi Łukasz,

Nick here from Shopify. 

First of all, great work on the translation. I took a look into this for you and found it did actually translate over for you. I'll show you where the theme is now and how to make it your primary theme. 

When you moved the theme to the new store, it wasn't made the primary theme in your new store straight away, so you would need to publish it as your primary theme. You can see how to do this by going to Online Store > Themes. Once here, you need to go to More themes and then select the uploaded translated theme and publish it as your primary theme which you can see here. But I can confirm for you it did move over and with the translation. ?

All the best, 

Nick

but the theme with the translations is there for you. 

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 6

Thank you for your response

The way you described didn't work. I mean, I wanted to copy translation of Theme to another store.
What I finally had to do was to copy my .jcss file from "edit code" tab, and create a new .jcss in my another store and paste it over there and the select this translated language,

I hope this helps someone

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

You are the best Lukas. Thank you very much for posting that!!!

1 Like