How to create a page with content sections from homepage Out of the Sandbox Flex Theme

Highlighted
Excursionist
54 0 3

Hi, I am using the Flex theme from out of the sandbox. There aren't that many content sections on the page.details template. How can I go about using the homepage template for a page.details template? Or take the content sections from the homepage template for page.details?

Thanks

1 Like
Highlighted
Globetrotter
548 52 53

you CAN NOT do that, only home page will have dynamic sections

You can add sections to page , for that page needs to be coded with the sections you need, but it CAN NOT be a copy of home page

you are welcome to contact / donate small amount to me.
My email - suyash.patankar@gmail.com

paypal.me/suyashpatankar
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

This is something that has been especially frustrating for me. We paid a lot of money for Flex. Why shouldn't we be able to add a section such as "image with text" to a page other than the home page? there's no point to having such a nice and flexible home page but not having access to the same kinds of content blocks for any other page. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Globetrotter
548 52 53
other page can have section, but not exactly like home page, means we can
create template with required section which can be edited,

so you can have page template with image/text and can set it to your needed
page
you are welcome to contact / donate small amount to me.
My email - suyash.patankar@gmail.com

paypal.me/suyashpatankar
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
148 14 18

Hi @zumber,

You can have any section on whatever page would you like.
Just create a new section (example: image-with-text-custom) and copy-paste the code from the section would you like to be on that page.
After that you can add that section to any page.

{% section 'image-with-text-custom' %}

Shopify Expert Support
denisaksutik@gmail.com
https://thewebave.com/
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
54 0 3

@Denis_A wrote:

Hi @zumber,

You can have any section on whatever page would you like.
Just create a new section (example: image-with-text-custom) and copy-paste the code from the section would you like to be on that page.
After that you can add that section to any page.

{% section 'image-with-text-custom' %}

I am confused.

How do we find & where do we go to get the code from the section we'd like to copy?

And when we create a new section on the page we are trying to build, are we erasing the code from that section and then pasting the code we want over it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
148 14 18

1. How do we find & where do we go to get the code from the section we'd like to copy?

Online Store -> Themes -> Actions -> Edit code
Your sections are here:
Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 1.41.57 PM.png

2. And when we create a new section on the page we are trying to build, are we erasing the code from that section and then pasting the code we want over it?

I don't understand your question, sorry

Shopify Expert Support
denisaksutik@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
54 0 3

@Denis_A wrote:

1. How do we find & where do we go to get the code from the section we'd like to copy?

Online Store -> Themes -> Actions -> Edit code
Your sections are here:
Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 1.41.57 PM.png

2. And when we create a new section on the page we are trying to build, are we erasing the code from that section and then pasting the code we want over it?

I don't understand your question, sorry

So do I just copy all the code from the section I want, and then just paste it at the bottom of the specific page's section I want to add it to?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
148 14 18

No, you need to add a new section. There is a blue button "Add a new section".
Hit that button, then set the name, then paste your code in there

Shopify Expert Support
denisaksutik@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
54 0 3

I'm sorry, still kind of lost. So I would be copying the code from a section I want that already exists there. And then creating a new section? But if the section already exists, won't I be just making a duplicate? Is there something I am missing?

I am just trying to add a new section to a page other than the homepage. The homepage has a variety of content sections, but there is no access to these content sections for other pages.

0 Likes