Solved

Can you embed links in text boxes on Shopify?

kristina85
Tourist
8 0 0

I am relatively new to the design process but cant seem to figure out how to embed links in a text box to another page.  For example, in my text in the "About Us" page, I want to say something like "For more information, please view the Frequently Asked Questions". I want the Frequently Asked Questions to be link to the "Frequently Asked Questions" page. Is there a way to do that?

Accepted Solutions (2)

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @kristina85,

Hank here from Shopify.

This can be done in a number of ways, but the most common is through either HTML coding as @oscprofessional advised, or through the use of a hyperlink, which I will share with you.

As you mentioned the likes of your about page, within your admin if you go to  Online Store > Pages > About us. In the text box below, is where you can edit your page, using the built-in Rich text editor. I have made a short video from my test store, that I will share with you here.

Different ways to do this, but the guide I shared above can show you what you can do using the rich-text editor.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Absolutely no worries, @kristina85 thank you for reaching out again!

Yes, that is exactly it, capturing payments manually is where your customers would not get charged for the order initially, as you would need to capture this within the authorization period.

There is also the option of draft orders, although this would be a more manual process than your situation, but is another way you could look at this.

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3072

Hello,

Yes you have set the link for perticular text. Make a button and assign link by code .

see the code

The HTML <a> tag defines a hyperlink. It has the following syntax

<a href="url">link text</a>

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Hi, @kristina85,

Hank here from Shopify.

This can be done in a number of ways, but the most common is through either HTML coding as @oscprofessional advised, or through the use of a hyperlink, which I will share with you.

As you mentioned the likes of your about page, within your admin if you go to  Online Store > Pages > About us. In the text box below, is where you can edit your page, using the built-in Rich text editor. I have made a short video from my test store, that I will share with you here.

Different ways to do this, but the guide I shared above can show you what you can do using the rich-text editor.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

All the best,

Hank

kristina85
Tourist
8 0 0

Hi Hank,

You were very clear and concise in your response to my initial question that I was hoping you had time for one more question!

My business is selling gently used goods that our suppliers have the option to continue selling in their physical stores. Is there a way where I can have a buyer from my site add a product into their cart and go through the check out process so that the charge is authorized on their credit card but not actually charged until I approve it? I want to have a 24 hour window to confirm the item they want is still available before their card is actually charged. After this 24 hours, I can either have their card charged or cancel the order? Basically, I am looking to "approve" the order before their card is actually charged.

How do I do this? Is it through the "manually capture payment of orders"? I do want shopify to process the actual payment when I approve it so I am not sure if "manual" is the way to go.  (I dont want the customer to have to e-transfer the funds, etc).

Thanks! 

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Absolutely no worries, @kristina85 thank you for reaching out again!

Yes, that is exactly it, capturing payments manually is where your customers would not get charged for the order initially, as you would need to capture this within the authorization period.

There is also the option of draft orders, although this would be a more manual process than your situation, but is another way you could look at this.

kristina85
Tourist
8 0 0

I have one FINAL question - sorry Hank!

I only want to offer local delivery and local pickup for my website and disable all other delivery options. I have two questions.

(1) Is there a way to provide custom rates for the local delivery option?  For example, if the product is $0-$50, I want the local delivery option to be $15 but if the product is $1000+ I want the local delivery option to be free.

I have created profiles under the "custom shipping rates" heading but does that apply to the local delivery OR are those custom shipping rates going to apply to things like Canada Post, etc.? Or should I put these under the "General Shipping Rates" heading and delete all of the rates that were in there as pre-populated rates?

(2) How do I make sure that only local delivery and local pickup are offered and i have disabled the other delivery options?

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

No need to apologize, my friend!

In relation to your first question, it would not work in the way you suggested, as that is related to shipping profiles and setting up multiple shipping rates, whereas local delivery offers one specific rate, for the minimum amount specified.

And then if you are looking to only offer local delivery, you would need to remove all of your shipping rates, resulting in only the local delivery rate set within (Settings > Shipping and delivery), as being the option that your customers choose.

With your custom shipping rate, that will only offer the chosen products and rates that are there, but this will not apply to your local delivery rates.

Let me know how you get on, or if you have any other questions.

kristina85
Tourist
8 0 0

It sounds like there is no way I can accomplish local delivery but set different rates (i.e. a lower delivery rate for a more expensive product)? 

Could a possible work around be that I enter in different rates depending on the price of the product under the "custom shipping rate" heading and then disable to the local delivery option. And basically just cancel any order that isnt a local order? Is the "custom shipping rate" heading just for UPS, Fedex etc? I am just trying to see if there is a work around?

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

That is correct, the idea of local delivery is for set delivery prices, rather than the individual rates that profiles offer.

You could just remove the local delivery, and all of your shipping rates aside from one, and name it localized shipping (or something to that effect) just to discourage others from ordering if this is what you wish.

Just be sure to include a note that all other orders will be canceled, just so you don't end up with multiple orders from outside where you want to ship to.

The custom shipping rate option is just if you wish to create a separate profile other than the general profile

A very popular method of shipping is to ship within your domestic country rather than only offering local delivery, but you can set up whichever option you prefer.

If you want though, for a faster response you can reach out to the live chat service. If you weren’t sure how to navigate our help center, I’ve made a quick video here to show you how.

Let me know how you get on!