How to customize / delete certain product sort options on the ONLINE STORE for the Minimal theme.

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi there. Wondering if / where to find the code to customize and delete certain "Sort Product by" options on the online store for the Minimal Theme. I want to deactivate / delete the options "BEST SELLING" and "PRICE, LOW to HIGH" and "PRICE, HIGH to LOW" sorting options in my online store.  Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 5.31.30 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
262 16 41

Hi @GK7,

Nice to meet you. Answer to your question below:

sections/collection-template.liquid 

snippets/collection-sorting.liquid

snippets/collection-tags.liquid

All 3 of those files drive the Sort By feature. There is also collection sorting functions in theme.js you need to watch out for.

Regards,

Sam

Custom Apps and Themes Support | hello@achieveapplabs.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1
Hello Sam,

Thank you for your help.

Does the collection sorting also apply to product sorting?

Basically I want to deactivate the below 3 options in PRODUCT SORTING
“Best Selling” + “Price, Low to High” + “Price, High to Low” …

Are you able to direct me to specific lines of code for the Minimal Theme code, to be able to deactivate?

Thanks again for the help!

[cid:3DF58ABD-8587-4D37-B75E-260269E3228C]
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
154 17 21

You can disable this by clicking the Customize theme button next to the theme name and go to the collections page.
Click on Collections Pages and uncheck the Enable collection sorting option.

W3trends is one of the leading app developers in the Shopify ecosystem. We can handle anything E-commerce or App related for your business. Feel free to message me if you need any work done!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

What I am trying to do is to delete or deactivate three of the product sort options...

I want to eliminate the "BEST SELLING" + "PRICE, HIGH TO LOW"  + "PRICE, LOW TO HIGH" ....

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 11.35.40 AM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

I figured out that I had to replace the original theme code per below and then eliminate the Sort options I do not need ...

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 1.34.01 PM.png

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
262 16 41

Hi @GK7 ,

You know what sometimes we over think things, but your approach worked. Very nice!

Regards,

Sam

Custom Apps and Themes Support | hello@achieveapplabs.com
0 Likes