How to customize sidebar icons in the config settings schema?

Highlighted
1 0 0

This is driving me mad. If I want to set an icon in the settings sidebar for theme customizations, how/where is this done? Here is a screenshot showing which icons I'm talking about...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
46 0 7

I'd love to know if this is possible.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

I don't think you can customize those icons... I've found that the only way to control what icon shows up is by using certain keywords in the sections name. 

This is the list of keywords:

blog
cart
checkout
collection
color
contact
currency
email
footer
header
home
info
nav
preset
product
promotions
logo
shipping
sidebar
slide
social
typography

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
46 0 7

Ah, that's interesting that it's basded on the word used in the section name. Well, that is helpful so thank you for passing it along!  :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
30 0 3

Has this list been updated yet? I notice that this list pertains to section button icons, but what about General settings icons? being that some of these listed icons are not available for those buttons, is there a separate list for those?

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
2 0 4

What Steven said 10 monhs ago...

Is there an official list or do we just have to guess and be lucky when developing themes?

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Any way to choose an icon for a custom theme setting?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Honestly, their incompetence is just utterly despicable. This thread is 3+ years old.

To add to this list, "Text" is another keyword to asserts icons.

As always, it's important to remind Shopify and their engineers that they are really consistent at being inconsistent. Everyday my distaste grows for this company, it really is becoming pure trash.

0 Likes