How to delete Search Bar on Header on all Pages -- Debut Theme

Highlighted
6 0 0

I think there needs to be a modification to the header.liquid file. Does anyone know the correct code to apply to the Debut theme file (and where to apply) to permanently remove search from the header on all pages on my store?

I have seen a few examples on a few other themes posted here but they don't seem to apply to the debut theme. I tried asking tech support but they didn't have an answer.

Thanks. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
193 25 47

Can you share your shop URL?

For Design, Development and custom changes Hire Me.
If your problem solved then Like & Accept this Solution.
Email ID: silencewebsolutions@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0
Highlighted
Trailblazer
193 25 47

Hey, open your header.liquid file from admin panel and find 'icon-search' text in the file and add the {% comment%} code above and bottom of the button div like the bellow example-

{% comment%}
<button type="button" class="btn--link site-header__icon site-header__search-toggle js-drawer-open-top">
    {% include 'icon-search' %}
    <span class="icon__fallback-text">{{ 'layout.navigation.search' | t }}</span>
</button>
{% endcomment%}

Thanks

For Design, Development and custom changes Hire Me.
If your problem solved then Like & Accept this Solution.
Email ID: silencewebsolutions@gmail.com
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Thank you so much, SW Solutions! I've been trying to get rid of the search icon on the Debut theme for weeks. Nothing worked until seeing this post, which I got through Shopify help chat. I am so happy!!!

And all it took was two lines of code - {% comment%} and {% endcomment%}. I originally made the mistake of copying the entire code you put in until I realized that I am supposed to use only the bolded codes. 

Thank you!!!

0 Likes