How to delete images in LIBRARY

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

I've to many images in my library. I want to delete some.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 62

Hey Tangoz, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

The images in your library are linked to the files you've uploaded to your store. If you head to Settings>Files, you'll see a list of images there, and you can use the little trash icon to delete them! That said, once they are deleted, there isn't any way to get them back, so make sure you're done with the image before you delete it, or save a copy to your computer! 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us here :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hey Ann, 

I found GENERAL SETTINGS but there is no FILES folder. - see attached

Where is SETTINGS???

B

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Settings can be found in the bottom left corner.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

ahhh got it!

thanks

B

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
25 0 7

Unfortunately, settings/files contains only a small fraction of images uploaded (7 out of 300). Where I can find the rest of the uploaded images ?  I need to delete lots of them as my home page is 4.5 MB heavy and I optimized & compressed all of them. Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Milos

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, thanks for the reply. Is there a way to delete the replicate files without affecting the ones being used? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thanks for the post. I have been working on setting up store for over a week. It seems that most of the tutorials I have found are out of date or don't seem to match my store setup page.

The instructions to delete images from my library doesn't match my set up page. I don't find a list of files.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Sorry there is no settings links on bottom left of my setup page

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

This worked for me:

On the browser, go to: [my-store-url]/admin/settings/files 

All of your images will be listed here so you can delete the ones you no longer need.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes